• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Significant Threat

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by expat
    Al Qaeda will never bring down the government, indeed they might help it (look what Galtieri did for Thatcher). But she might. So yes, she is a greater danger: to the government, that is, not to the people.
    Lets not forget folks that Al Queda were created by the CIA to bring down the Soviets in Afghanistan; but this sad episode is a complete and utter disgrace; call yourself a democracy ...

Comment

Originally posted by John Galt
      BBC News

A 72 year old pensioner has been jailed for 7 days because she owes 53 quid on her council tax. Obviously crumblies are a far greater threat than any of us realised - the new face of terrorism?

72 - prison
      Apparently a "Mr Brown" has paid it so she has spent only one day in prison, but she's just received her final demand for this year and says she is not going to pay that either.
      Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
      threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded
        Apparently a "Mr Brown" has paid it so she has spent only one day in prison, but she's just received her final demand for this year and says she is not going to pay that either.
        She is a marter in the true sense.
        Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

Originally posted by wc2
          She is a marter in the true sense.
          Martyr?
          Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
          You know you'll need us!

Comment

Me thinks this old lady should start her own political party

Comment

Originally posted by steve'O
              Me thinks this old lady should start her own political party
              I've got a feeling that the visiting Brazilians are going to create more of a stir...
              Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
              You know you'll need us!

Comment

Working...
              X