• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Pointless Big Brother Nu Labour

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
    It's not up to you to prove you weren't gang raping someone's daughter.
    Well if Im ever wrongly up in court for it, ill hope my brief feels differently.

Or maybe he'll say, "well, if only you had called your mum that day instead of emailing her, you see we have records of phone calls. Not emails though, because that would be so much a worse invasion of privacy"

How so? Phone records, email records. Its all the same.
    The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by Pickle2 View Post

Or maybe he'll say, "well, if only you had called your mum that day instead of emailing her, you see we have records of phone calls. Not emails though, because that would be so much a worse invasion of privacy"

How so? Phone records, email records. Its all the same.

If you feel that way, then perhaps it would be a good idea to install a web cam in your toilet, so you can say “It wasn’t me guv I was taking a tulip”.
      Originally posted by cailin maith
      Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.

Comment

If you have no reason to suspect me of anything, you have NO REASON TO SPY ON ME.

Comment

Rather than the content of the email, maybe its more about the timing or who the emails is sent to?

ie was I really gang raping someones daughter (say) at 4pm on saturday4th October at the same time as sending an email to my mum?

or perhaps its just about who it goes to

ie can I really claim I had no relationship with bank robber Dave when I sent him 300 emails the week before the gig.

Its 25m for fooks sake, pennies. We allready do the same with phone records, so its just current same police powers "keeping up" with technology.

Fold away your daily mails and calm down people.
            The police don't look at evidence like that unless you offer it as an alibi. If you forgot you were sending an email at the time the prosecution would say that you could not account for your movements at the time, even if they knew about the email.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by AtW Super poster View Post
              If you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear.
              I think you're joking and I certainly hope so, because that’s what the Dutch government told people when they wrote down everyone’s religion in council records in the early 1930s.

It’s what the Spanish government told people when they surveyed regional political allegiances from the 1930s through to the 1970s.

It’s probably what the Yugoslavian government said when they started taking an interest in who was a muslim and who wasn’t back in the 1980s.

I’m afraid there are so many examples of people with nothing to hide having plenty to fear from their government that anyone who makes that argument is clearly either a naïve, brain dead idiot or a supporter of a totalitarian state.

Anyway, who says ‘something to hide’ is a crime or a threat to the public?

People shouldn’t fear their governments. Governments should fear the people.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

To expand on my previous comment.

We have a perfectly good legal system to deal with spying on people when it is required. If there is a reason to suspect something is up, then get a warrant and do what it required.

The only change required is to streamline the process of ISPs monitoring people after a warrant is served. Currently it is very complicated for the police to get any information out of them and this needs to be improved.

There is absolutely no need to erode our privacy any more.

Comment

Rather than the content of the email, maybe its more about the timing or who the emails is sent to?

ie was I really gang raping someones daughter (say) at 4pm on saturday4th October at the same time as sending an email to my mum?

ie can I really claim I had no relationship with bank robber Dave when I sent him 300 emails the week before the gig.

Its 25m for fooks sake, pennies. We allready do the same with phone records, so its just current same police powers "keeping up" with technology.

Fold away your daily mails and calm down people.
                  http://www.amazon.co.uk/1984-Ninetee...1495683&sr=8-1
                  "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

As emails can be sent programmatically, the send time wouldn't be much use for an alibi.

Yes, that's more relevant. Programs that trace relationship networks were used quite successfully against terrorist phone records in Northern Ireland in the 80s.

To thwart all this intrusion, people who object to it should start running "chaff" emailers that exchange pointless emails just to flood the records and overload the systems.

Before you know it, the Government will be capping the number of emails one can send in a given time, or levying a tax on each one.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

New Labour wanted to impose a digital tax on bandwidth used. This they said would it would stop spam, as the spammers would have to pay a fortune to send the enormous volumes of emails.

New Labour REALLY are clueless....

Comment

Working...
                      X