• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How full is the bench?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    My arse is not hairy. Should I buy a wig for it?
    LOL - Hmm or implants? You get more cash per round that way. So I am told. Any how you have hairy nipples and sweaty palms and youll be able to double the rate.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
      LOL - Hmm or implants? You get more cash per round that way. So I am told. Any how you have hairy nipples and sweaty palms and youll be able to double the rate.
      But I have competition from HAB......

Comment

do I know you? this is the third time Ive heard this said in the last 48 hours! An Agent said the same!!
        No I dont know you but my predictions are invariably correct.

Somebody up there likes me.

Comment

My arse is not hairy. Should I buy a wig for it?
          Whatever you do, don't shave your bottom crack...
          Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

But I have competition from HAB......
            HAB?

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
              Well I've only applied for 3 roles since just being benched end of 2008, heard back from one and am still waiting. Had a semi-interview with a consultancy yesterday evening for a 1-2 year project with a major German car manufacturer (they have quite a few roles going) but not too sure whether to take it. I kind of lost part of the flow when he said that the first 8 hours of the first month (I think it was month, I started chocking on my tea) I would not charge and thereafter 4 hours a month (I hope it was a month and not a week) would also be free. I argued the point with him but that is how they sell freelancers to the company (their own consultants are different.) Its a bit of a strange job and a number of the aspects we discussed were not in their proposal (such as COBOL in an application programming side of things whereas I only know it on a systems programming side of things) so I'm not too sure.

Also had a big conference call with clients in the USA last night and things are going ahead there so maybe I can knock this on the head.
              Dont fancy your chances as you are in Germany which is really starting to reel from the recession - maybe the USA client will bring you luck though.

There are some Mainframe requiements where I am but sorry its not in Germany.

Good Luck !
              Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 8 January 2009, 14:37.

Comment

Fellow poster

HAB?
                A fellow CUK poster Hairy Arsed Bloke

HTH

Comment

"Adult/Mature Content;Society/Daily Living" content is forbidden by clientco policy"

Spoilspoilts.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn View Post
                    A fellow CUK poster Hairy Arsed Bloke

HTH
                    Who often claimed to be gay. But then went on about fancying women too. One can never tell with cuk posters if they are trolling or not. Except me. I never lie.

Comment

"Adult/Mature Content;Society/Daily Living" content is forbidden by clientco policy"
                      So do they want everyone to sit around watching teletubbies all day?
                      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
                      X