• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Places one definitely should go in life

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone been to Lebanon? I've heard it’s really nice when they’re not fighting.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
      Anyone been to Lebanon? I've heard it’s really nice when they’re not fighting.
      I haven't been back since they got bombed back to the neolithic. It was lovely, not so sure now...
      Last edited by Moscow Mule; 7 January 2009, 14:08.
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
        I haven't been back since they got bombed back to the neolithic. I was lovely, not so sure now...
        But how was Lebanon?
        Where are we going? And what’s with this hand basket?

Comment

Aboriginal caves in The Granites, Mount Magnet, WA
          (\__/)
          (>'.'<)
          ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Villi Varu - the Maldives, when it was really no news, no shoes and before all the islands turned into fancy spa's...

New York after Thanksgiving... Cold enough to freeze the t*ts off a nun, but beautiful!
            'elf and safety guru

Comment

Rome
              Florence
              Cortona
              Monopoli
              Italian Lakes
              But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Originally posted by Gibbon View Post
                Rome
                Florence
                Cortona
                Monopoli
                Italian Lakes
                Emilia Romana - great food, great wine, nice cars
                "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Corby, Northants.

Anywhere else you ever go in the world will seem 10x better.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Yes, now Mrs tester and I have long wanted to go to Japan. What other places should we visit there? Mount Fuji looks good (for those with a volcanology interest), but any other places we shouldn't miss?
                    Mount Fuji is best visited from the North via the five lakes (Yamanashi Prefecture). Absolutely gorgeous. My wife's home town is on the southern foothills (Shizouka Prefecture) and the area there is mostly made up of normal towns and tea farms. Her family home looks out at Mount Fuji.

Kyoto is a dream with many 1,000 year old temples to walk around and small narrow streets filled with traditional wooden houses and shops. You may even spot a genuine Geisha who can only be found in Kyoto (the ones in Tokyo are fake, there for the tourists).

Tokyo is a place I just want to get out of as soon as we land. Concrete for miles, though a short stay can be interesting. Especially Ginza and the Akihabara district which has wall-to-wall multi storey electronic, IT and gadget shops.

Comment

Working...
                    X