• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Am I being a Nobule ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now he has some experience can't you get him to build an extension for you?
    This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by Wilmslow View Post
      Blimey.

By the way - I flunked 6th form and college
      You tulip me, surley?
      The Mods stole my post count!

Comment

Originally posted by MPwannadecentincome View Post
        Now he has some experience can't you get him to build an extension for you?
        git would probably charge me.
        (\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Is he not interested in I.T.? Couldn't you teach him some moves.

I think what you are doing is good for up to a year or so, providing he is learning enough to be able to find work with other builders after this.

Comment

You done good.

3 - 4 years training as a plasterer, he can buy himself a van and charge out as much as daddy does

There'll always be a need for builders and the like. OK the industry can be cyclical - can't they all though!

Could the plasterer look at getting a govt scheme to pay his wages?
            'elf and safety guru

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
              That's a very New Labour way of creating jobs, EO.
              and like most things New Labour, was invented by the Tories - remember YOPS/YTS?

Comment

Good shout EO, I think you've handled it well so far.

As others have said, it might be worth having a word with the relative and seeing if your lad is now worth the guy paying the money himself (or at least half).

If not, and should the worst happen make sure you've got enough to pay for X number of weeks after you're benched, where X is whatever number it takes to not look suspicious!

Whatever happens, I think you're right to keep it under your hat!
                Proud owner of +5 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

Working...
                X