• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

If you think the UK economy is bad, look at this

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    Quite right. And its relatively much worse in the PIIGS countries already than it ever will be here.
    Oh yes - it is terrible in Europe: slow rip-off trains, bad roads, no desireable exports to speak off, no desired reserve currency - they are shafted I tell ya!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Oh yes - it is terrible in Europe: slow rip-off trains, bad roads, no desireable exports to speak off, no desired reserve currency - they are shafted I tell ya!
      Even if those point were correct, which they're not, it's all moot if you're unemployed.

HTH
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Even if those point were correct, which they're not, it's all moot if you're unemployed.
        http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/1212/presswatch.html

"GERMAN RAIL PLAN TO CROSS CHANNEL - The Times says Germany is seeking to buy Britain's share of Eurostar in a move that would leave the high-speed international train service entirely under non-British control. The paper says passengers could benefit from direct services between London and several new continental destinations, including Cologne, Frankfurt and Amsterdam."

I'll believe UK has got strong economy when British Rail will be buying inefficieint Germany railways and making them much better. Until then your words have as much value in my eyes as City bulltulipers who were selling AAA graded collaterised tulip.

Comment

HTH
          what will come back first? the franc or the DM?

TBH the EU is so corrupt that theyll just print more cash and slip it in..I mean for goodness sake there accounts havent ever been signed off...and people want to join it?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post

TBH the EU is so corrupt that theyll just print more cash and slip it in..I mean for goodness sake there accounts havent ever been signed off...and people want to join it?!?!
            Franc : The germans still want one Europe they govern. By military or economic means.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              http://www.rte.ie/business/2008/1212/presswatch.html

"GERMAN RAIL PLAN TO CROSS CHANNEL - The Times says Germany is seeking to buy Britain's share of Eurostar in a move that would leave the high-speed international train service entirely under non-British control. The paper says passengers could benefit from direct services between London and several new continental destinations, including Cologne, Frankfurt and Amsterdam."

I'll believe UK has got strong economy when British Rail will be buying inefficieint Germany railways and making them much better. Until then your words have as much value in my eyes as City bulltulipers who were selling AAA graded collaterised tulip.
              What has the sale of shares in a company to do with inefficiency or not?
              I didn't realise Eurostar was considered inefficient.
              What has the above link got to do with the dire state of the PIIGS economies?
              Or do you just babble like a retarded child?
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post

Where???

Oh THEIR accounts.

Interesting articles, thanks for the links.

Comment

What has the sale of shares in a company to do with inefficiency or not? I didn't realise Eurostar was considered inefficient.
                  What has the above link got to do with the dire state of the PIIGS economies?
                  Or do you just babble like a retarded child?
                  We’ll buy UK’s share of Eurostar - and run it better, say Germans

"DB hopes to persuade Geoff Hoon, the Transport Secretary, that it will operate a more efficient service through the Channel Tunnel by drawing on its experience in Germany of integrating trains with other modes of transport. German rail passengers can book an entire journey on just one web-site and with one ticket and can even arrange for an electrically assisted bicycle to be waiting for them at the station."

If I was PM I'd give Germany (and maybe Japan) perpetual license to run British railways on a condition it gets upgraded to 21st century standards (none of this crap of having to open window to bend over out of it to open door from the outside bulltulip) - free license too.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Franc : The germans still want one Europe they govern. By military or economic means.
                    They ain't going to be worse than Nu Liebor, are they?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                      so why do certain Labour Politicians want us in Europe?

Its quite clear that the services dont want us in Europe [security].

Comment

Working...
                      X