• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

New Years Honours - No Sir Eric again!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Liability View Post
    there is no reason why he should be in the Squad come world cup! Not a chance in hell on skill.
    No, you misunderstand me. "Get the world cup" as in be allowed to host it by FIFA. Beckham, along with Prince William is part of the package of well-known faces connected with football that will front our bid.
    When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

I hate Beckham

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        I hate Beckham
        It's a bit of a toilet, especially around Nelson Mandella House.
        When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

I hate Beckham

Peckham
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

And all those years I thought Del and Rodney were saying Beckham!

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
              No, you misunderstand me. "Get the world cup" as in be allowed to host it by FIFA. Beckham, along with Prince William is part of the package of well-known faces connected with football that will front our bid.
              Ahhh right! I see what you are saying - Hmmm another waste if they give him one - aside from a few good goals he aint done tulipe. Id rather give it to the family of the serviceman blown to pieces by Tony's illegal war.

Comment

There's no Sir Gordon either. Or Sir Tony.

But if Beckham gets one it would just sum up what the feck's wrong with values in this country.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  There's no Sir Gordon either. Or Sir Tony.

But if Beckham gets one it would just sum up what the feck's wrong with values in this country.
                  Agree - thats why I know within 10 years the squeeky twat and his good for nothing wife will get one.

Comment

I just helped my neighbour getting wood and coal in (we live out in the sticks and they both have the 'flu). So presumably I'll be up for an MBE next time round? My wife did the shopping for them yesterday so needless to say she'll be made a Dame. And presumably anyone even selected to play cricket for England in the Ashes series this summer is an automatic shoe-in for a gong?

These things are a complete joke, and have been even before Jagger was knighted.
                    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by deano View Post
                      The New Years honours have been announced and I'm really annoyed that Eric Clapton has been overlooked again for a Knighthood. Paul McCartney, Mick Jagger, Tom Jones, Elton John all have Knighthoods and EC doesn't.

Yet he's done just as much for services to music as well as for services to drug and alcohol rehabilitation through his Crossroads charity.

It makes me quite angry. He should be given a Knighthood for both!
                      He has not been bribing the right people.....

Comment

Working...
                      X