• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

BOOMED : Petrol price falls to three-year low

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    There is less CO2 from diesels, a lot less - this is reflected in lower road tax (which is good thing).

All that particulate bull does not justify higher price - there are particulate filters in modern diesels anyway.

It's all about revenue - HMRC were tulip scared that people started shifting to diesels, so they had to (from their point of view) start increasing diesel fuel duty as less overall fuel will be used as more and more people switch to diesel. One would imagine it is a good thing (CO2 wise and also not giving money to backwards countries that use them against the West), but no - tax reasons are higher than national security ones.

For once I agree with you. Happy New Year AtW
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
      For once I agree with you. Happy New Year AtW

I am actually Brillo.

Comment

Working...
      X