• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Global Warming

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tay View Post
    Mt Maunganui
    Is that near the big bay on north island? I work with a girl from there who discovered a new species of sea slug. How about that.

Comment

What a load of poppycock. A couple of hundred years ago the Thames used to freeze over and the ice was thick enough for them to hold a festival on it!!

( random search on google provided this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/River_Thames_frost_fairs Yes I know it's wiki but it'll do)

This global warming/climate change really is a load of old tosh, the media should do some research on sun spots and their effect on our climate!!! A lot more reliable than all these crappy "weather models".

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        Is that near the big bay on north island? I work with a girl from there who discovered a new species of sea slug. How about that.
        Was it white and furry with antenna that have red bits on the end????

Comment

Last edited by meridian; 30 December 2008, 06:02.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
            It's nothing but a cover story for when the National Grid collapses in a few weeks after so many years of 'investment' by the government.

They'll blame the bad weather for causing a demand spike that causes widespread failures. Yes, partly true, but not the truth, whatever that is nowadays.

The important thing is the sheeple won't know why, and telling them is now a terrorist offence, so the government will be happy.
            Do you mean the Grid itself, or they'll be insufficient generation capacity? That'll happen sooner or later anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by tay View Post
              Mt Maunganui
              Is that anywhere near Half Moon Bay, Manukau?
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                Is that anywhere near Half Moon Bay, Manukau?
                It isn't.

Half Moon Bay is part of Auckland.

Mount Maunganui is in the Bay of Plenty, nearest large settlement is called Tauranga. (Go down the right hand side from the top and its roughly at the start of the sticky out bit).
                Last edited by Gonzo; 30 December 2008, 07:32. Reason: Needed to be more precise about the sticky out bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                  Was it white and furry with antenna that have red bits on the end????
                  From what I remember it was mostly green. Ah, here it is:

Tambja tenuilineata - Miller & Haagh, 2005

Not enough money in marine biology though, so she's training to be a corporate lawyer. Is that an obvious progression?

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                    From what I remember it was mostly green. Ah, here it is:

Tambja tenuilineata - Miller & Haagh, 2005

Not enough money in marine biology though, so she's training to be a corporate lawyer. Is that an obvious progression?
                    You may want to have a quick look at Tay's avatar

Comment

Originally posted by Ardesco View Post
                      You may want to have a quick look at Tay's avatar
                      I've got them turned off but I had a quick peek and... yes, the resemblance in uncanny.

Comment

Working...
                      X