• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

I'm enjoying this recession

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HeliCraig View Post
    Hate to brake it to you old pal, but they aren't. They aren't elected yet! They have committed to do so, yes. But New Liebour also committed to doing things they haven't done.

Yes, recent history does suggest that Tory's favour lower public sector spending; but the populace does have expectations of the state and they need paying for. I should make it clear here that I generally believe that we spend too much on public sector "non sense" and that too many (lazy) people have too many unrealistic expectations of the state.

They have committed to do so and in Toryland that means that they will do it. For Labour, just think 'Lisbon Treaty'.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
      They have committed to do so and in Toryland that means that they will do it. For Labour, just think 'Lisbon Treaty'.
      Where is that again? Daily Mail & Telegraph land then.

If you really believe that the Tory's will never break a promise made in order to get elected (or at any other time), then I would suggest you are a little naive! They are no different to any other political party.

Comment

Where is that again? Daily Mail & Telegraph land then.

If you really believe that the Tory's will never break a promise made in order to get elected (or at any other time), then I would suggest you are a little naive! They are no different to any other political party.

You're obviously a bit younger than me, but you will learn in time !!

Comment

I did. But none of them came from HM Government!
          They create policies and this makes them responsible.

If I can't afford something, I don't instantly think "I know, I'll borrow more than I can afford."
          Same here. But we are in minority in the UK - I was getting lots of 0% credit card spam and never used it, but they kept on spamming (until few months ago) - a lot of people were jumping from one card to another transferring balances enjoying 0% debt, or buying houses for totally ridiculous prices - borrowing 125% or 7-8 times salary, who is responsible for that in Govt, nobody? Brown of course - argueably Blair is less responsible actually as he was just PR man, not running finance but Brown was doing all that stuff.

I shan't even comment on the Bush -vs- Clinton debate, because I don't think you'd be able to substantiate that argument with facts if pushed!
          Under Clinton economy was booming so he pushed for social policy that encouraged or even made lenders to loan money to people they would otherwise not - that subprime market sector bottom of which has fallen out.

Comment

All political parties are corrupt and incompetent.

The best we can do is rotate them (Labour and Conservative) in and out of government, so they dont become to complacent.

Unfortunately, Conservative have been waiting too long for their turn to be in government and meanwhile, Labour have become complacent.

Right, I'll get back to my turkey now!
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
              All political parties are corrupt and incompetent.

The best we can do is rotate them (Labour and Conservative) in and out of government, so they dont become to complacent.

Unfortunately, Conservative have been waiting too long for their turn to be in government and meanwhile, Labour have become complacent.

Right, I'll get back to my turkey now!
              All corrupt? Bit strong that, but we do know who are always most incompetent with the economy. My vote will probably be purely to get rid of them.

I'm afraid it will take another hard barstard to sort out the mess Brown has left us with. At least the lefties will have someone to hate, which will keep them warm in the winter.

Comment

Working...
              X