• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bannatyne is a c0ck

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by basshead View Post
    You missed out rain, snow, dog turd, rapists, hoodies and wild animals
    Bloody hell, you must live in the rough end of town. Here at Chateau Tester we have none of those problems. Well, rain and snow, but other than that no problems.
    And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Cheshire Cat View Post
      In the p!ss!ng rain? You having a laugh?
      Seriously though, I think there's something to be said for training outside. Worked for Stallone in Rocky 4.
      Erm Cheshire Cat? You're supposed to be a Northerner. Stop acting like a southern woofter.

Comment

Was looking for a lunchtime training regime over winter.

Looks like I'll be digging out the fixed and going all 'manly norferner' then. Quick wipe down with a damp sponge and I'm done.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
          Was looking for a lunchtime training regime over winter.

Looks like I'll be digging out the fixed and going all 'manly norferner' then. Quick wipe down with a damp sponge and I'm done.
          I'm rather partial to that 105 groupset, especially the bottom bracket. Sealed from the elements. So do as your handle and not worry about the weather.

Although, I might suggest you'll regret a fixie for a quickie.
          Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
          threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by Shimano105 View Post
            Quick wipe down with a damp sponge and I'm done.
            Yes, Mrs Tester always looks forward to that after my training sessions.

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              Bloody hell, you must live in the rough end of town. Here at Chateau Tester we have none of those problems. Well, rain and snow, but other than that no problems.
              Well no since I live in rural Northumberland , but I imagine those unfortunate enough to live in an urban setting have to fight of rapists and hoodies every time they set foot outside. And every step is beset by turd

Comment

Fixed is nothing new to me Mr. threaded, indeed it is the perfect lunchtime blast; an outdoor spinning class if you will.

In fact I'm glad you talked me out of the gym as the new client co. is set among some excellent lanes for such a pursuit. I could even cycle in when it gets lighter as it is only 20 or so miles away.

Comment

Originally posted by basshead View Post
                  Well no since I live in rural Northumberland , but I imagine those unfortunate enough to live in an urban setting have to fight of rapists and hoodies every time they set foot outside. And every step is beset by turd
                  Some chummies over here in Denmark have the following modus operandi: steal car, use car to knock lone cyclist off bike, rob cyclist, dump car, rinse, repeat.

The plod were stuck picking up the pieces one morning as one gang did at least 5 of them before being caught in the act.

I've had my near miss with one gang already this year, and discouraged another when I saw a fellow cyclist being paced at a distance, so caught up and paired up, chummies were off then to find an alternate victim.
                  Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                  threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Originally posted by threaded View Post
                    I'm rather partial to that 105 groupset, especially the bottom bracket. Sealed from the elements. So do as your handle and not worry about the weather.

Although, I might suggest you'll regret a fixie for a quickie.
                    Can someone translate? Threaded's been in the 23rd century again
                    Last edited by OwlHoot; 23 December 2008, 12:31.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      Local woodlands offer excellent training facilities like hills, trees and logs, combined with the added benefit of fresh air, all absolutely free.

Get out of the gym and train outdoors.
                      You have n't lived until you have spent all day climbing some bl**dy mountain in the lake district, chucking it down with rain for most of the day, blisters and cuts from slipping over because you used nike trainers and not hill climbing boots.

But the view from the top makes it all worthwhile.

Comment

Working...
                      X