• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

All hands on deck

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    You think Eton doesn't use protacabins?

& Millfield doesn't actually pay for the local 'council' sports centre?

Hmm, interesting set of prejudices there.

I know of one public school who own a very large park which all the various local state schools use for sports, but they cannot, because they aren't invited to the meetings where the bookings for its use are made.
    If I were to take an educated guess I would guess that Eton do not use portacabins as classrooms.

As for Millfield they have no need to ship their students by bus to the local council run sports centre.

Don't make out that private schools are lacking facilities just like state schools, they are not. If they were the privileged wouldn't pay to use them.

The people that run the public school you speak of can't be very bright can they.
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Originally posted by Joe1978 View Post
      they didnt force numpties into getting into stupid ammount debt did they?
      I vote labour but until recently was condiering not voting for them for the fiorst time since i began voting but i have been impressed by GB in recent months so i will be voting for them again, and i dont consider myself thick, although i am sure alot of you will disagree
      Obviously too thick to spell properly.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe1978 View Post
        they didnt force numpties into getting into stupid ammount debt did they?
        I vote labour but until recently was condiering not voting for them for the fiorst time since i began voting but i have been impressed by GB in recent months so i will be voting for them again, and i dont consider myself thick, although i am sure alot of you will disagree
        Anyone who thinks either GB or DC has a way out of this mess is misguided.

Comment

...I'd be inclined to use a word stronger than "misguided"!
          Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
            ...I'd be inclined to use a word stronger than "misguided"!
            I was trying to do understatement for a change. Not very good at it am I.....

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              Idiots did not take into account that fall of pound would cut demand for gilts so they can't borrow now. 3-4 months of this tulip and I think pound will drop below euro
              I hope so. I'm currently long EURGBP
              'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
              Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                Anyone who thinks either GB or DC has a way out of this mess is misguided.
                On the contrary, they both do. But they both know it would be electoral suicide, so mum's the word for now.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
                  On the contrary, they both do. But they both know it would be electoral suicide, so mum's the word for now.
                  And what, pray tell, has lead you to the stunning conclusion that either of them have the faintest idea what they are doing??
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                  X