• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sterling recovers

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    I predicted that if NRK were nationalised, then others would follow, because there was no real reason for it to be nationalised as it was purely a liquidity issue. As it was a prediction, it was BEFORE the Rock was nationalised and thus well BEFORE February. !!

The Rock has since repaid most of it loan, and has started lending again, even though it is supposed to be reducing its loan book by 50%. Yet more proof of a bad HMG decision to nationalise and theft from shareholders. I await the judicial review and public protests from January 12th with interest!!!
    You talk utter garbage, as usual. You claim to have predicted things nobody else did, and now you claim to have known the details of the NR balance sheet in the previous quarter to when it was actually announced.

I don't know what is more funny, your hilarious claims to be clairvoyant, or your laughable claims that all our current problems have arisen solely because of the snot golblin.

Thanks for providing us all with such entertainment though!
    Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post
      You talk utter garbage, as usual. You claim to have predicted things nobody else did, and now you claim to have known the details of the NR balance sheet in the previous quarter to when it was actually announced.

I don't know what is more funny, your hilarious claims to be clairvoyant, or your laughable claims that all our current problems have arisen solely because of the snot golblin.

It's a moot point who's the bigger idiot: atw or CyberCretin
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        wow, now THAT is a debate!
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
          Atw has been here alot longer......

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
            The EU is watching on the sidelines and will ultimately fair worse because of their dithering IMO, and ignorance to the power of interest rate policy.
            They will fair fine just like USA because not only they have kept their own real economy making goods in demand (even if it slows down during crisis) but also they now have reserve currency that will help them sell bonds to finance projects.

UK on the other hand has got depreciating currency that makes its debt unattractive, low interest rates that reduce interest to that debt even further and virtual "service" economy with a handful of manufacturing locations mainly owned by foreign investors who would prefer to move to lower tax places in EU.

Conclusion - UK is fooked, and EU (as in eurozone) will get out of this stronger than before. Then I think they will use German experience to bail out UK like they did with the Eastern Germany - good new roads will be build, fiber optics put into ground rather than copper and all will be well.

Remember you heard it on here first.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
              They will fair fine just like USA because not only they have kept their own real economy making goods in demand (even if it slows down during crisis) but also they now have reserve currency that will help them sell bonds to finance projects.

UK on the other hand has got depreciating currency that makes its debt unattractive, low interest rates that reduce interest to that debt even further and virtual "service" economy with a handful of manufacturing locations mainly owned by foreign investors who would prefer to move to lower tax places in EU.

Conclusion - UK is fooked, and EU (as in eurozone) will get out of this stronger than before. Then I think they will use German experience to bail out UK like they did with the Eastern Germany - good new roads will be build, fiber optics put into ground rather than copper and all will be well.

UK fared (relatively) well during the great depression as it came off the gold standard early.

The falling pound will save us.

Haven't you got any SKA to code?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                UK fared (relatively) well during the great depression as it came off the gold standard early.
                UK had some industry back then so reduction in value of pound helped exports. The only thing cheap pound will help now is tourism but people usually cut on things like this during downturn.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  Atw has been here alot longer......
                  'tis a good point though, does - or indeed should - longevity affect idiocity?

Comment

Originally posted by PM-Junkie View Post

Haha... I have a link to another site to prove my clairvoyancy, and I may well disclose it in due course. Rest assured, I predicted these events, but as I say, I am no genius but they were wholly predictable.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Low interest rates are tool used temporarily to boost the British economy, and thus the British economy will revive before the EURO zone. Remember, you heard it here first.

Comment

Working...
                      X