• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Agents really ought to get some techie knowledge

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

While we are on this subject; Javascript is not the same as Java and ASP is not the same as ASP.NET.

That drives me mental.

Comment

Originally posted by Joe1978 View Post
      but an agent would never doctor a CV
      <wipes tears from eyes> No, no, you're right...course they wouldn't
      "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

In Germany they tend to do things a bit different I think. You apply for the gig and the client would like to see you. This means that first you have a meeting with the agent to get to know one another, in fact some of them do have some technical knowledge (this may just be me as I tend to work through business partners more than agencies.) Next step is a meeting with the client and the agent comes with you as well and you tend to meet with the agent throughout the contract for updates, etc.

My current, well up until today, though is not techie but rather attractive and I remember going for a gig down in Herzogenaurach and the agent was quite possibly one of the most attractive young women I have ever met, pity the missus came down with me to go shopping in the town as she asked me out to lunch (mutual pot noodle) afterwards.
        Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Originally posted by darmstadt View Post
          ...the agent was quite possibly one of the most attractive young women I have ever met, pity the missus came down with me to go shopping in the town as she asked me out to lunch (mutual pot noodle) afterwards.
          are you saying what I think you're saying, or was this just a product of your overactive imagination?
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by teclo View Post
            While we are on this subject; Javascript is not the same as Java and ASP is not the same as ASP.NET.

That drives me mental.
            And SQL is not SQL Server.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              And SQL is not SQL Server.
              And VM is not Java VM but an operating system from IBM!!!
              Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

And DOS is DOS/VS and a PS/2 is an IBM PC

Comment

And Prince2 isn't the name of a recording artist after he/it gave up being called "an artist formerly known as prince"
                  Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                  X