• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Greedy vendors

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gingerjedi View Post
    Why do you say that? I've checked all my mates on nethouseprices.com and they're spot on.

The house I rent just now is down for 250,000 but I am told it was actually bought for 320,000.

Don't know how it was done but we can see why it was done.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      The only houses I have seen going for cheap are ones where someone ended up with 2 places at the same time and is desperate to shift one. Other than that most places are not dropping because the owner will not sell for less than they got the place for.

Since interest rates have dropped so much nobody is really pressed to sell now.

Having a mortgage of 2% and paying 132 pounds a month, down from 800 pounds 9 months ago , surely beats renting !!! It cannot be long now before house prices start rising again, especially if overseas buyers move into the market with their powerful Euros.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
        Having a mortgage of 2% and paying 132 pounds a month, down from 800 pounds 9 months ago , surely beats renting !!! It cannot be long now before house prices start rising again, especially if overseas buyers move into the market with their powerful Euros.
        The last theory may have legs, but the rest is doubtful. Next year will be estimated 75K repos, 3mill unemployed and banks as tight as arses with lending. Affordability and forced sales will drag down prices another 15%. The latest mortgage rates are way above the base rate also.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
          Duuuhh - in the last 12 months, your house has halved in Euro terms.
          What makes you think they won't wait another 12 months?

Comment

Originally posted by Another Dodgy Agent View Post
            Blimey I believe you. Where did you get that info??
            I read the daily mail

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
              Originally posted by DimPrawn
              Your ID is highly amusing to me, but loses its credibility when you speak of buying a three-quarters of a million pound property just before we are to have the biggest property price slump in living memory...
              Shouldn't that be "gains"?
              Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post
                Duuuhh - in the last 12 months, your house has halved in Euro terms.
                What makes you think they won't wait another 12 months?

... but remained stable in Pound terms with a rapidly reducing mortgage interest bill. I may also use my Euros in due course to add to my property portfolio.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I read the daily mail

Gullibility is the first sign of Alzheimers. That was also in the Daily Mail.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    Your ID is highly amusing to me, but loses its credibility when you speak of buying a three-quarters of a million pound property just before we are to have the biggest property price slump in living memory. A bit like when you're trying to enjoy a film or nightmare and something illogical crops up that ruins the fantasy and wakes you up. 1/10.
                    Like Vanilla Sky you mean?

tim

Comment

Working...
                    X