• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Archbishop might be right

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CofE

Yes they were!
    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...ms-766815.html

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
      Darn it, remembered that myself, spent all evening googling it up as a riposte and then find someone beat me to it.

Well done!

Comment

Google news archive timeline search. It's what I use instead of my long-term memory these days.

Comment

Originally posted by thunderlizard View Post
          Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
          Darn it, remembered that myself, spent all evening googling it up as a riposte and then find someone beat me to it.

Well done!
          Things had started going down by December 2007....
          ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
            Talking of big beared bishops, someone sent me this, very funny IMO

P.S. Best not to watch if you're a devout Catholic
            else safe for work (well as much as youtube ever is)
            Adam Buxton is v.funny.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              Things had started going down by December 2007....
              Strictly yes, but hardly anybody had realised.

Here's one from July
              http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...ervatives.html

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                I'm not a religious man, but the big bearded priest does seem to have a point, especially when he calls Gordon's fiscal stimulus package "the addict returning to the drug".

More financial common sense from the Church of England than all the world's bankers, finance ministers and blue chip directors combined.
                I know how to live on almost nothing or with everything. I have learned the secret of contentment in every situation, whether it be a full stomach or hunger, plenty or want; for I can do everything God asks me to with the help of Christ who gives me the strength and power.

Philippians 4:12-13
                Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

There she lusted after her lovers, whose genitals were like those of donkeys and whose emission was like that of horses.

Ezekiel 23:20

Bible quote blah blah
                  Originally posted by cailin maith
                  Hang on - there is actually a place called Cheddar??

Comment

(2 Kings 2:23-24)
                    23 Then he went up from there to Bethel; and as he was going up by the way, young lads came out from the city and mocked him and said to him, “Go up, you baldhead; go up, you baldhead!” 24 When he looked behind him and saw them, he cursed them in the name of the LORD. Then two female bears came out of the woods and tore up forty-two lads of their number.

Comment

John 3:16

"Your not singing anymoooooore, your not singing anymore!"
                      When money ceases to be the tool by which men deal with one another, then men become the tools of men. Blood, whips and guns--or dollars. Take your choice - Ayn Rand, Atlas.

Comment

Working...
                      X