• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Financial crisis: Free money coming your way!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
    On a vaugely related note, if we see 'quantitive easing' next year, is now a good time to convert some sterling to gold? I had some in bullionvault some time back and, from what I can see, the price hasn't moved that much this year...
    No, you should not convert Sterling to Gold, you should spend it. If you do so, you will be no better than a traitor and should never be allowed to convert it back to Sterling.

Comment

Uk

thats called hyperinflation
      its happening now in zimbabwe, which is probably an economic model for UK according to New lie
      the current situation is very dangerous, we have a competitive devaluation of the UK pound, to fuel inflation

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        ...and need lots of contractors to get them started again! BOOMED!
        Time to pick a name for the boat/horse you will buy with your loot.

I'll pick Divide By Zero.
        Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
          On a vaugely related note, if we see 'quantitive easing' next year, is now a good time to convert some sterling to gold? I had some in bullionvault some time back and, from what I can see, the price hasn't moved that much this year...
          Do you want to buy gold for long-term stability, or as a speculative commodity?

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
            I'll pick Divide By Zero.
            One of the biggest secrets in IT is [deleted by moderator]
            Last edited by PAH; 18 December 2008, 22:53. Reason: Psst. Dividing by zero means not dividing at all! Therefore same as dividing by 1!!!!!!!!!!!!
            Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
            Feist - I Feel It All
            Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              One of the biggest secrets in IT is [deleted by moderator]
              I wonder what was deleted by moderator? What big secret am I missing out on?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I wonder what was deleted by moderator? What big secret am I missing out on?
                PAH confused zero, null, and empty.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                  damn! I was hoping someone was going to tell me where I have been going wrong all these (19) years.....

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
                    Is it my fault my theosaurus only has 200 pages listing all the different words for norks?

Hoping to get the illustrated edition for christmas.
                    Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                    Feist - I Feel It All
                    Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Working...
                    X