• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Panic in the Civil Service - Government considering "Amazing ideas"

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I recon they're printing money. They were setting up all the legal framework for it a few days ago. Final look see I had was of the instrument to hide the changes.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
      I recon they're printing money. They were setting up all the legal framework for it a few days ago. Final look see I had was of the instrument to hide the changes.
      Well then at least there'll be something to keep the fireplace going.
      And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Made an attempt to get an International LLoyds TSB account based in the Channel Islands, need passport number so I will probably do that tonight.

I wil make sure I am not getting shafted on any commision as well.

I will feel much safer knowing that it is in Euro and out of the country.

Comment

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
          Made an attempt to get an International LLoyds TSB account based in the Channel Islands, need passport number so I will probably do that tonight.

I wil make sure I am not getting shafted on any commision as well.

I will feel much safer knowing that it is in Euro and out of the country.
          Nice work, if enough people do the same we'll really be shafted.

Comment

Originally posted by Peoplesoft bloke View Post
            Nice work, if enough people do the same we'll really be shafted.
            It is wrong to put your money where it can't be touched. All your savings are belong to us.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              It is wrong to put your money where it can't be touched. All your savings are belong to us.
              I didn't say that and I don't blame anyone, but if enough people do it, it will make things worse.

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                another comment on Guido's blog from a Civil Service mole ..

I'm sure this guy(ess) is genuine. There's something about the terse matter-of-fact style.

That parting shot sounds very ominous to me. The most likely idea must be an Argentina-style nationalization of personal savings. So if you have any significant savings in UK institutions, I'd think very carefully about shifting it somewhere safe before McSnotty steals it all. Seriously ...
                This is the best consiracy theory on this board since the days of the 11/9 bombings
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  This is the best consiracy theory on this board since the days of the 11/9 bombings
                  *shrug* Take it or leave it.

If you don't think the mole is genuine then yes, fair enough, it's all a big giggle. Otherwise, can I remind you, they word they use for the ideas being considered is "AMAZING".

But time will tell, and if the worse happens don't say you weren't warned.

BTW If anyone is relying on an inheritance in due course from their aged Ps it would probably be realistic now to lower their expectations, most likely to zero.
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I know a few good banks in iceland. Was it Bumfluff who recommended Icesave?

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                      Gordon’s five economic tests for joining the euro;
                      1. Are business cycles and economic structures compatible so that we and others could live comfortably with euro interest rates on a permanent basis?
                      Yes, we’re all f**ked at the same time now.

2. If problems emerge is there sufficient flexibility to deal with them?
                      Yes, if you think massive taxpayer bailouts for f**ked banks are a sign of flexibility.

3. Would joining EMU create better conditions for firms making long-term decisions to invest in Britain?
                      Yes, it can’t be worse than now.
                      4. What impact would entry into EMU have on the competitive position of the UK's financial services industry, particularly the City's wholesale markets?
                      Erm, I think the City’s competitive position is rapidly becoming somewhat irrelevant.

5. In summary, will joining EMU promote higher growth, stability and a lasting increase in jobs?
                      See answer to test 3.

I'll make you my advisor to the Treasure (if or when I take over it).

Comment

Working...
                      X