• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How bad does an outsource co have to be before UK co. gives up on them

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by OrangeHopper View Post
    Just get on and do the needful!
    Those of you who have to suffer Accenture's nightmare will appreciate these:-

>CLICKY<
    - or -
    >CLICKY<
    - or -
    >CLICKY<

Cherry Mistmas!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bright Spark View Post
      To manage offshore workers you need to have good issue tracking and logging
      software, last IB used http://www.jira.com, which worked well as they can't ignore you as everything is tracked.
      another good tactic is to use instant messenger to keep tabs on what there
      working on otherwise they'll just start watching bollywood movies or worse
      start posting on cuk!
      I hate that f£cking Jira.

At one point at old ClientCo I spent more time on Jira than actual work.
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        I hate that f£cking Jira.

At one point at old ClientCo I spent more time on Jira than actual work.
        Jira is good for you. Management know this because developers hate it so much.

Comment

Jira is probably one of the poorer tools for managing software development. It is as slow as a week in the jail as well.

Anyway having used jira to manage an off shore team we found that they would try to create more work by raising pointless issues all day.

We used to find bugs like "I tried to change the page encoding on IE and the page never came out the same"

IT was almost getting to the stage of "I switched my machine off and the application stopped working"

Comment

Working...
          X