• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The hedge fund industry

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    sassy asked me for specific prediction some weeks ago, so I told him he won't be working in the city by the end of 2009. I am standing by it - don't ask me how and when you will die, I predict that you won't like the answer.
    Will I be attacked by a pack of squirrels next week then?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
      Will I be attacked by a pack of squirrels next week then?
      It depends on your behavior for the rest of the week.

Comment

Thing is, stuff like this isn't so shocking any more.

When you think about it, how the whole fiat financial system works isn't too dissimilar. Banks lend at interest, which must be paid back using yet more created money.

Comment

Caveat Emptor.

Serves tham all right - its like nobody forces you to buy into slush fun investments, houses, fiver a day contracts etc - right ?

So if you get wide boys who make a lotta wonga cos them punters are not doing the old caveating emptoring then whats the problem with that ?

It just bizzinzz - innit.
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 17 December 2008, 09:36.

Comment

Working...
          X