• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will the Euro survive the economic crisis?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      short positions on the euro at an all time high. Most placed by Goldmans, naturally.
      Knock first as I might be balancing my chakras.

Comment

Yes it will survive, it's the sterling you should all be worried about considering most of you get paid in it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          Yes it will survive, it's the sterling you should all be worried about considering most of you get paid in it anyway.
          SasGuru can always go back down the docks doing "favours" so he'll be ok.

Comment

Originally posted by suityou01 View Post
            SasGuru can always go back down the docks doing "favours" so he'll be ok.
            You'll be Ok too. Manufacturers of rubber sheeting and maternity pads could always use your ability to bed-wet at the drop of a hat for testing purposes.

Pffffffffffffsssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

You'll be Ok too. Manufacturers of rubber sheeting and maternity pads could always use your ability to bed-wet at the drop of a hat for testing purposes.

Pffffffffffffsssssshhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.
              It bit, excellent

Comment

Will it? The Germans are already moaning about bailing out Greece.
                By the time Portugal, Spain and Italy come round with their begging bowls they'll be gagging for the Deutsche Mark.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Will it? The Germans are already moaning about bailing out Greece.
                  Germans banks "invested" a fair bit into Greece, so they are bailing out themselves in the first place - just like what IMF was designed to do.

Comment

Germans banks "invested" a fair bit into Greece, so they are bailing out themselves in the first place - just like what IMF was designed to do.
                    Goldmans

Comment

And Spain and Portugal and Italy?
                      At some point the German may decide to write off the Euro (and their wasted "investments") as a bad thing and re-introduce a new currency: the Deutche Mark.
                      Remember Germany has experience of the miraculous effects of introducing a new currency both after their hyperinflation and after the 2nd world war.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X