• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Perm Role - Contractors Interviewing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
    Fancy not knowing what IT means ???

Invoice Total - any idiot knows that.

ICT - Invoice Currency Total for when you are contracting in Holland and need to invoice in Guilders etc

Or even a SAP - which reminds me - wheres me CV ...
    And all these years I thought IT meant Incontinence Training.
    'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
    Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
      Well I went anyway!
      ...messed up and now Id expect a call tomorrow afternoon telling me I was not successful.
      You expect the agent to call you to say you flunked. Get real, they never do that. You will never hear from that agent again.

Comment

Originally posted by SantaClaus View Post
        And all these years I thought IT meant Incontinence Training.

Its people like you who give us profishinals a bad smell.

Ho Ho Ho - my Arse.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
          I had an interview once where I had trouble remembering my own phone number...
          The standard answer to that is that I don't often ring myself up.
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

I did some interviewing for the NHS for BI contract roles and was actually shocked when on two separate occasions candidates answered their phones during an interview.
            We also had one chap who, when asked what he understood by the term Business Intelligence said,
            "It's about seeing pens for sale in one shop at £1 and in another shop for 70p and buying the cheaper ones!"

After that, it was a short interview
            I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
            CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
              I did some interviewing for the NHS for BI contract roles and was actually shocked when on two separate occasions candidates answered their phones during an interview.
              We also had one chap who, when asked what he understood by the term Business Intelligence said,
              "It's about seeing pens for sale in one shop at £1 and in another shop for 70p and buying the cheaper ones!"

Ha! I thought you said 'penis' for a minute there.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post

Was his previous role working on a checkout in ASDA?
                The cycle of life: born > learn > work > learn > dead.

Comment

I interview candidates for client permy roles pretty frequently, I never see them as competition.

In my experience clients usually see the contractor as a subject matter expert and better able to evaluate the true level of the candidates technical skills and knowledge. I can spot a bull sh*tter / blagger within a couple of questions

Comment

Working...
                  X