• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Where there's blame, there's a claim

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
    Should be interesting to see that in court then. Would take about 20 years to call as witnesses all the scientists who believe in AGW, and about half an hour to call those that don't.
    Remember, once upon a time in the night garden it was common scientific fact that the earth was flat.

So, your point was?

Mailman

Comment

Well it's snowing here, again, quite icy, much more than is normal for the time of year. If these models are that good they can be put forward as evidence I trust they show that CO2 has caused it to be cold and snow a lot. So if I slip over on the ice I can sue Exxon.
      Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman View Post
        Remember, once upon a time in the night garden it was common scientific fact that the earth was flat.
        Perhaps, a very long time ago, but Pythagoras worked out in about 550BC that the earth must be round.
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Myth. Though if it ever was true then it would no doubt have been your ancestors that believed it.

Comment

Originally posted by dang65 View Post
            Myth. Though if it ever was true then it would no doubt have been your ancestors that believed it.
            Thanks for pointing that out. It's a relief, I was always worrying about where all that water went to.
            Bored.

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
              Thanks for pointing that out. It's a relief, I was always worrying about where all that water went to.
              Right, yeah. The article is about the myth that olden days people thought the Earth was flat, which they didn't. (Except for Mailman's ancestors.)

Comment

So, your point was?

Mailman
                That statement reveals much about your lack of understanding of science, belief and rationality.
                It also shows what a complete cretin you are.
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  It also shows what a complete cretin you are.
                  Are you related to Bob Dalek?

I sense deja vu

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Are you related to Bob Dalek?

I sense deja vu
                    What, all over again like?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
                      What, all over again like?
                      Yep, it just happened again!

Comment