• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Irish Pigs were fed bread still in plastic bags

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
    the missus got me a mars bar on Saturday. Should I be worried ?

Do you have a small, thin curly pink....
    l l l http://www.thewantedfans.com

Comment

Tony english posted : Pigs are great animals. They are intelligent
      So nothing to worry about feeding them foodstuffs wrapped in plastic then ? The pigs just unwrap it and chow down ?
      Smart...very smart indeed...
      Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
        So nothing to worry about feeding them foodstuffs wrapped in plastic then ? The pigs just unwrap it and chow down ?
        Smart...very smart indeed...
        After all that trouble they caused on 'Animal Farm' , I find it very hard to have any sympathy for the blighters

(\__/)
        (>'.'<)
        ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

After all that trouble they caused on 'Animal Farm' ,
          Er....which version ?
          Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by Board Game Geek View Post
            Er....which version ?
            OOOO, filth!
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

OOOO, filth!
              Don't blame me..I didn't make the film !

So much for porcines being clean animals....dirty little porkers....

C.S. Lewis

Comment

According to the Telegraph 47 farms are affected. They include 10 pig and 37beef farms, but the Irish government has not withdrawn beef products.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/foodanddr...-happened.html

Comment

not withdrawn beef products.
                  If you've ever had the misfortune to eat a McDonald's, you'll understand that the plastic wrapping actually adds to the flavour.

So no problems there.

C.S. Lewis

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                    In the Eighties I knew a number of vegan ALF people - they weren't the kind of loonies who planted firebombs in fur shops, but they were pretty damn zealous (no honey - exploitation of bees, FFS).

They used to feed their cats vegan cat food...
                    Methinks the problem lies therein....

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                      In "unapproved oil" whatever that is...
                      In the pharma industry, all the parts, spares and consumables have to part of a 'bill of materials'

if you use something thats not in the BOM , then it's 'unapproved' and you will get panned for it

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X