• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Government allows mortgage payments to be deferred for 2 years

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gordon Brown View Post
    Now you've got no excuse for not buying that house you cannot afford.
    I think you'll find that we are not "hardworking families".

Comment

More and more bizarre. Has the penny not dropped with the cretins that rule us that the UK economy cannot carry on running the way it is and that the current problems are symptomatic of a systemic failure?

Tinkering at the edges ain't the way.

Doomed.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
        Erm, won't this just make the debt mountain even bigger?
        It's what they do...haven't you noticed?
        Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

I liked this para:

Currently, those on benefits have their mortgage interest payments covered for two years if their mortgages is below £200,000.
          "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Originally posted by Ruprect View Post
            I liked this para:

A 200k mortgage on benefits FFS
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

so Brown is now saying vote for me I'll let you live for free for two years, happy days

does this mean there will be less repossessions around for shrewd contractors with money in the bank to pick up? at least, there will be less reposessions available as soon

Comment

I expect once the full details are revealed it'll be like the news there's several billion in unclaimed fuel allowances floating around.

Unclaimed because it's unclaimable due to the small print.
                Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                Feist - I Feel It All
                Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                  Holy Mackerel!

I wish I had a mortgage now so that I could default on it.

Linky
                  This sounds massively unfair to rent payers (unless their rent is paid when they're unemployed? not sure).
                  Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
                    This sounds massively unfair to rent payers (unless their rent is paid when they're unemployed? not sure).
                    ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

Mmm, maybe time to buy that des-res in ToryCyberShire? We can't lose!!!
                      Speaking gibberish on internet talkboards since last Michaelmas. Plus here on Twitter

Comment

Working...
                      X