• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contract market in the UK

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just to say it wasn't for either of the banks mentioned.

Good luck those of you who are struggling though - it's no fun being on the bench.
    The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by SallyAnne View Post
      Just to say it wasn't for either of the banks mentioned.

Good luck those of you who are struggling though - it's no fun being on the bench.
      It's my one annoyance about contracting: when you have most time to do something interesting, you're least inclined to spend money.

Comment

deader than dead, even the perm market for me is a tad on the slow side

first time i've ever had to actively look, normally someone rings me with the next gig, just before I'm finishing.

Sods law i had to take a few months off before impending financial market doom!
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by ace00 View Post
          Contract extension, but -6%.
          I've just got a contract extension, but +6%. You've made me feel guilty now, so I'll send it to you.

Mind you it's not 6% of a lot, going by what people on here say they are earning.

Comment

If it was for Barclays Capital, its not counted.

They churn out so many job specs, they are destroying the rainforests
            barcap have a complete freeze on all IT recruitment at the moment

Comment

Contract extension - Dec 2009

Crises ? What Crises ??

Bigger and Better - thats my motto for 2009.

And for you - Devil take the Hindermost.

There you have it.
              Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 3 December 2008, 12:14.

Comment

Working...
              X