• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How bad was your commute?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ThomasSoerensen View Post
    From apartment to tram - 2 minutes as usual - it drizzled a bit though.
    Tram ride - 30 minutes as usual - nodded off at the end but woke up in time for my stop.
    From tram to office - 1 minute as usual.

I guess my life is less exciting than Wilmslow's.
    sounds a little less exiting than Rip Van Winkle's

(\__/)
    (>'.'<)
    ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Left my apartment, got the lift to the basement of the hotel, walked through the underground carpark to the connecting works underground car park, came above ground just by the covered walkway and turnstile gates to work, walked through and into my office building..

5 mins walk as usual, very heavy snow
      The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

The usual 40 mins, although I decided to use the motorway this morning which was clear.

Comment

The usual 30 seconds walk into the study, checked Jobserve for non-existent jobs, now I have the rest of day to kill before repeating the arduous process tomorrow.

Bleh.

Comment

30 seconds for me too

Stumbled down the stairs from the bedroom to my study to catch the London market open.

I might even have some breakfast soon.

Oh I miss the Northern Line
            'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
            Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Originally posted by deckster View Post
              The usual 30 seconds walk into the study, checked Jobserve for non-existent jobs, now I have the rest of day to kill before repeating the arduous process tomorrow.

Bleh.
              You can set an email alert so you don't need to bother with that....

As for commuting, I saw the Bakerloo line was a mess so changed my route to go via Wimbledon and the District Line. Arrived on time.

My life is less exciting than Wilmslow's.
              ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

And 30 seconds for me too since I work from home. No sign of snow in this part of Scotland or even icy roads.
                Me, me, me...

Comment

Walked my daughter to school - which took tens mins longer than usual due to the vast array of snowballs she insisted on chucking at me!
                  She was out in the garden at 7.20 building a snow guinea pig. I guess at least I have time to enjoy it all seeing as I'm bench bound.
                  Don't envy anyone driving in it today, my car is utter crap in the snow. It has rear wheel drive - I think that has something to do with it?
                  I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
                  CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

Mine took 0 mins as I saw the heavy snow and sacked it.
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

2.5 hours, leaving at 6.30am via M62, M60, M56. Always a pain in the ass journey, but happy to do it 'cos the rate is good.
                      Shame the gig finishes this week due to the Market downturn tho'.

Comment

Working...
                      X