• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Women and Thermostats

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to disappoint you guys, but in our house its Mr Pogle, who has the problem with the heating. I make him wear jumpers a lot now. He used to have the heating up to 25 all the time, but I've got him trained now
    - it only took 15 years!!
    I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
    CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

off topic

Originally posted by minestrone View Post
      That is what is called the vestibule.
      From wikipedia...
      http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...e#Architecture

"Architecture
      See: Vestibule (architecture)

a large entrance
      a lobby, entrance hall, or passage between the outer door and the interior of a building
      an enclosed area between two rail cars
      a reception area
      a footstool
      a toilet
      a bar-stool
      an antechamber
      an entry room
      a laundry shoot in an American apartment building
      a passageway acting as an airlock between two environments "

so I vote for 'lobby'!
      This default font is sooooooooooooo boring and so are short usernames

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
        I used to go out with a girl who always boiled the kettle twice 'cos she thought it made the water hotter. At the time I always though "aaah bless her", after we split up I just think "stupid b!tch"
        So this was really your fault for encouraging it then?

The pope is a tard.

Comment

Originally posted by Pogle View Post
          Sorry to disappoint you guys, but in our house its Mr Pogle, who has the problem with the heating. I make him wear jumpers a lot now. He used to have the heating up to 25 all the time, but I've got him trained now
          - it only took 15 years!!
          It's Hubby who has a problem trying to workout how to get the heater/defroster in my car - realy upsets my auto setting
          Just call me Matron - Too many handbags

Comment

How's about the girly who thought that keeping the hot water immersion heater on for 24 hours a day would be cheaper? I think the line of logic there went that "if it's already hot, it doesn't need as much heating when I need a bath".

The first electricity bill sorted that one out for her
            Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by Sysman View Post
              How's about the girly who thought that keeping the hot water immersion heater on for 24 hours a day would be cheaper? I think the line of logic there went that "if it's already hot, it doesn't need as much heating when I need a bath".

The first electricity bill sorted that one out for her
              Lots of people do that, and plenty of plumbers recommend it.

Comment

Working...
              X