• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Jeff Buckely-Hallelujah

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Depressing though isn't it?
    Who has time? Who has time? But then if we do not ever take time, how can we ever have time?

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
      Is it the best piece of music ever recorded? Or have I had one too many?
      Had one too many or emotionally unbalanced. I just listened to it and thought it was carp. HTH.

Off-topic, does anyone know the name of the song played in the all-spice adverts of yore? I think there were crashing waves, and it may been the theme tune in the exorcist?

Comment

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
        Is it the best piece of music ever recorded? Or have I had one too many?
        It's definitely up there with the greats, also his "copus Christi Carol" is sublime.

This mortal coils' cover of Jeffs dads "song to the siren" is otherworldly too.

One last one for intoxicated appreciation; Bushs' "Glycerine".

Gotta agree with Churchy on the Elgar call though, wonderful piece.
        The vegetarian option.

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
          Going to see Cohen on Saturday. The real McCoy.
          Sylvester? Tom Baker was a far better Doctor. As for the new bloke... pah!

Comment

Working...
          X