• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Understanding the IT contractor market

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
    I tend to be popular with the old munters in HR
    Yes, they can be quite sympathetic when they want to be...

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      And they often appear to be widows. Surprising number of widows in HR.

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post

Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          I once met an agent who claimed to have slept with a contractor to get them to take the gig!
          Name and praise please.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
            Would you rather deal (as a client or contractor) with an agency that is full of professional men and women (of average looks) that understand technology, are close to their clients and behave with impeccable professionalism? or alternatively do you prefer being wined and dined by top totty with large bre*sts who dont know the difference between a computer and a potty?
            Good Post DA

Was only talking about something similar few month back! How alot of the main companies in the City use the Female art of seduction! I can imagine numerous accounts have been entered when a female face has been present for agencies. I guess they call them the Recruiters or Account Managers? As above them are the Directors?

I've actually heard of 3 contractors who slept with female recruiters to take the gig! 2 of them were in high paying SAP roles [£1100 a day last year] in Europe. So you can see why "she" would have done it - as more than likely the gigs were 12 months +

Ahh well!

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
              Name and praise please.
              Ben Dover
              The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                I once met an agent who claimed to have slept with a contractor to get them to take the gig!
                Originally posted by expat View Post
                Name and praise please.
                Only if she was any good...
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
                  I've actually heard of 3 contractors who slept with female recruiters to take the gig!

Using hookers to entice contractors is taking the pimp tag too literally. Nice idea though.
                  Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
                  Feist - I Feel It All
                  Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                    man boobs
                    Moobs

Comment

Originally posted by Liability View Post
                      Good Post DA

Was only talking about something similar few month back! How alot of the main companies in the City use the Female art of seduction! I can imagine numerous accounts have been entered when a female face has been present for agencies. I guess they call them the Recruiters or Account Managers? As above them are the Directors?

I've actually heard of 3 contractors who slept with female recruiters to take the gig! 2 of them were in high paying SAP roles [£1100 a day last year] in Europe. So you can see why "she" would have done it - as more than likely the gigs were 12 months +

Ahh well!
                      And to think, I nearly tried to persuade Churchill to come and work for me
                      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Working...
                      X