• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

How are IT contractors finding the job market at the moment?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post
    Oooooooh bitter!
    Just trying to give good advice. I fear that in your case, it may be too late - P*ssed off too many agents have we?

I've never been on the bench myself - what's it like oracle slave?
    Bitter about what . You responded to what I though was a 'tongue in cheek' comment by Faqqer in a serious manner which is what I pointed out. That is all.

BTW if it helps I have never been on the bench unless by choice. Am permie at the moment anyway so you are barking up the wrong tree.

HTH.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
      Hook, line and sinker...
      ...and possibly part of the rod too.

Comment

Originally posted by Doggy Styles View Post
        ...and possibly part of the rod too.
        He he...... we'll see if you're still laughing next week.

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
          Bitter about what . You responded to what I though was a 'tongue in cheek' comment by Faqqer in a serious manner which is what I pointed out. That is all.

BTW if it helps I have never been on the bench unless by choice. Am permie at the moment anyway so you are barking up the wrong tree.

HTH.
          I need a sarcasm smilie, obviously!!
          Best Forum Advisor 2014
          Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
          Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Originally posted by Ivor Bigun View Post
            I do and I did. Lets see if you are forced to eh?
            Making out that "things will get better" is just b*lltulip and you know it
            Well things will get better, as is the cyclical nature of captalism, just a question of how long.

People are going nuts for this recession but each one in the past (except the 30's) only lasted a couple of years, and our GDP is much larger now than it was in the 90's, so chill out.

Comment

Originally posted by the_duderama View Post
              Well things will get better, as is the cyclical nature of captalism, just a question of how long.

People are going nuts for this recession but each one in the past (except the 30's) only lasted a couple of years, and our GDP is much larger now than it was in the 90's, so chill out.
              and in the meantime the wheels still need to keep turning, nothing grinds to a complete halt
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

How are IT contractors finding the job market at the moment?
                It'll be where you left it. It'll be in the last pace you look.
                ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

I am considering a 3-day contract. Better than nowt and I do fancy a 4-day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
                    It'll be in the last pace you look.
                    True, unless you carry on looking for it after you have found it.

Comment

Awful…

I feel trapped in a tulip gig but feel the market is too bad to move on, I’ve never worked so hard for so little, I’ve never had to put up with this level of bureaucratic bulltulip, I’ve never had to deal with so many buck passers.

I wish people would stop moaning about government IT projects costing too much and never working, I miss the old gravy train days.
                      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Working...
                      X