• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

The myth of the UK's record debt

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
    Are you a tramp?

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
      WHS. The comments written there are also quite revealing. There appears to be a gap in the market for journalism based on unbiased unsensationalised figures. Not that that is truly possible, as one of the commentors also alluded to with regard to pension liabilities, etc.

Unfortunately when I Google on <torrent "The Tiger that Isn't"> I don't get any matches.
      Stop being steep and buy it on Amazon. It's in paperback.
      Excellent for non-statisticians to put some of the figures into perspective.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
        Unfortunately I've got more sense than money

Comment

Here we go again...

Comment

Originally posted by Bob Dalek View Post
            Are you a tramp?
            It has been known... hope you're not coming on to me!
            The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
              Sas, the graph in that article shows public sector net debt, as a proportion of GDP, currently levelling off at below 40%.

Does the expression PFI mean anything to you? How about personal debt? Did you see that iceberg debt diagram I posted here yesterday?

Contrarians don't always talk sense, especially when they post articles on Al Jabeeba, and lone cries in the wilderness aren't always the voice of reason.

The debt this guy is talking about is a now *tiny* fraction of the overall effective debt this country (and others) face, whereas in years gone by it was a much larger proportion, almost all in fact ..

You may well have a point about other debt. But now you know how to rate its importance as opposed to believing the wild claims of innumerate journalists.
              The chap Blastland is not a contrarian but someone who understands the point of putting figures into context and allowing for confounding factors.
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
                WHS. The comments written there are also quite revealing. There appears to be a gap in the market for journalism based on unbiased unsensationalised figures. Not that that is truly possible, as one of the commentors also alluded to with regard to pension liabilities, etc.

Unfortunately when I Google on <torrent "The Tiger that Isn't"> I don't get any matches.

It's on the BBC website and it totally ignores PFI, public sector pensions liabilities of 1 trillion, and the expected 100 Billion borrowing deficit over the next 12 months. No surprises there then !!

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                  It's on the BBC website and it totally ignores PFI, public sector pensions liabilities of 1 trillion, and the expected 100 Billion borrowing deficit over the next 12 months. No surprises there then !!
                  I already mentioned pensions, and that problem has been with us a long time now. I think we all agree we are doomed in that regard.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
                    What do you care? You own the only house in the UK guaranteed to keep its value. Shame you're so thick you'll be made redundant and not be able to pay off the remaining mortgage.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

What do you care? You own the only house in the UK guaranteed to keep its value. Shame you're so thick you'll be made redundant and not be able to pay off the remaining mortgage.

... and you're so thick Sascretin that you'll be working to pay your rent until you die, while us homeowners will have zero mortgage or rent to pay.

Comment

Working...
                      X