• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annoying things motorists do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't claim to be a perfect driver but...Put it this way, you can drive fast, you can have fun, but you don't need to drive up the chuff of the car in front. If you are so dense that you can't see why tailgaiting is stupid and creates congestion, you don't deserve a license.

End of Rant
    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

I am lucky enough to live near Wrotham Hill - where someone got a reliant robin up to 105 and someone else was clocked at 176(with child in passenger seat).

They still rarely put police there.

Comment

Originally posted by JoJoGabor View Post
        c) feel like being a tw@t and annoygin people who want to drive faster than me

anyone else?
        I can occasionally be a twat on purpose

A couple of weekends ago I was driving into Macclesfield, the dual carriage way was down from 2 lanes to 1 because of road works, everyone including myself got into lane 1 nice and early as the signs indicated that lane 2 was blocked in a few hundred yards.

As expected a few cars come down lane 2 past the queue and join later, as I get to the front of the queue some guy in a Mercedes ML trys to push infront of me, I don't give him any room and as a result get plenty of horn from him, I didn't bother looking over to see if he was calling me a ****** or anything else.
        Anyway he gives up and goes down to the car in front of me - more barging, banging of horn, then stern words exchanged between him and car in front before he eventually gets in.

Then the twat turns left at the next roundabout... so should have been in lane 1 anyway

Normally, I do agree with the zip merge methods, i.e. use both lanes and smoothly merge at the last 50 yards or so to stop traffic backing up any further than neccessary.
        However this day I simply felt like being an arse to an "inconsiderate" road user
        Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by MaryPoppins View Post
          I agree Stack, but if the person in front is in a small car I sometimes wonder if they're a new driver and perhaps deserves a bit of a break.
          Fair comment Ms P. But there are some who have been doing the same route as me for ages.

If ever I get past I have a look and they are rarely young enough to fit that category, and they mostly just stare obliviously through the windscreen. Anyway, if they started their journey as a new driver they certainly weren't by the end of it.

Bit forward I know, but can I call you Mary? Or are you really a hairy-arsed sheet metalworker called Neville?

Comment

The worst thing any driver can do in the city is to block a junction, especially box junctions, but at rush hour junctions really need to be kept clear to allow the traffic to flow.
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

The worst thing any driver can do is park in my parking space or block-in my car. That's Death Penalty stuff, and no mistake. My car may well be SORN and adorned with 2 years' of fallen leaves & bird plop, but an Englishman's Home, etc.

Comment

Stack - calling me Mary is fine, and I certainly am not called Neville at any rate, what a name.

Most people probably are considerate, careful drivers - its probably just that at the end of a journey its the idiots we remember! Isn't it nice though when someone goes out of their way to let you out, gives you a warm glow.
                Practically perfect in every way....there's a time and (more importantly) a place for malarkey.
                +5 Xeno Cool Points

Comment

I hate it when a car coming the other way fails to negotiate a bend, rams into a bridge wall destroying the front of their car, then bounces onto my side of the road and forcing me to swerve round it. Then having the cheek to make me wrench open the passenger door and drag them out.

(ok, it has only happened once so far, this morning)

I could smell smoke, but it was only the airbag. The girl was on her way back from the gym at 6.15 am (what time do those places open ffs?). She ended up with a sore arm, and was pretty shook up.

Comment

Originally posted by Archangel View Post
                    I hate it when a car coming the other way fails to negotiate a bend, rams into a bridge wall destroying the front of their car, then bounces onto my side of the road and forcing me to swerve round it. Then having the cheek to make me wrench open the passenger door and drag them out.

(ok, it has only happened once so far, this morning)

I could smell smoke, but it was only the airbag. The girl was on her way back from the gym at 6.15 am (what time do those places open ffs?). She ended up with a sore arm, and was pretty shook up.
                    You can pass your test in this country with little in the way of car control skills. Contrast that with the Finish system as highlighted by Top Gear.

IMHO you should not be allowed on the road without appreciation of what to do in a skid.
                    Last edited by Bagpuss; 18 November 2008, 15:52.
                    The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                      BMW drivers are the worst for not indicating, but turbo diesel rep car drivers are worse.
                      Paradox alert...
                      B00med!

Comment

Working...
                      X