• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Annoying things motorists do

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post
    You wouldn't want to be hit by a Rang Rover travelling at high speed. Approximating with an inelastic collision (the two cars collide and stick together).

Scenario 1: 2500 Kg car travelling at 70 mph collides with a 1000 Kg car also travelling at 70 mph, but in the opposite direction. Bang! Both cars move together at 30 mph in the direction that the heavier car was initially moving. The lighter car changes speed from 70 mph in one direction to 30 mph in an opposite direction, which doesn't look survivable.

Scenario 2: 2500 Kg car travelling at 90 mph collides with a 1000 Kg car travelling in the same direction, but at only 50 mph, so a rear-ender. Bang! Both cars move at 78 mph in the same direction as they were initially moving.

A good rule of thumb is to try not to collide things more massive than you. Small light things travelling at high speed can also be deadly, so the above is just an approximation. I think accident statistics show the same kind of result though, i.e. heavy cars win.
    So I should drive a chieftain tank? Can I fit the baby seats in there?

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill View Post
      Ok, apologies for the insult.

I do a lot of driving. I want a big comfortable car that isn't going to have to go to the knackers yard after a couple of years.

Look at the roads today and you will see plenty of Range Rovers of all different ages and models still on the road, they last. They are built to last.
      I can relate to comfortable as I drive too much, however comfort isn't the sole preserve of large 4X4's.
      Durability isn't the Range Rovers strongest point when compared to an awful lot of the rest of the market especially the likes of Toyota, Mercedes, VW, BMW, Saab, Volvo even Ford.

Comment

Originally posted by TimberWolf View Post

A good rule of thumb is to try not to collide things more massive than you.
        An even better rule of thumb is simply avoid colliding with anything at all.
        “The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          An even better rule of thumb is simply avoid colliding with anything at all.
          That would certainly help with fuel consumption.

Comment

Originally posted by TykeMerc View Post
            I can relate to comfortable as I drive too much, however comfort isn't the sole preserve of large 4X4's.
            Durability isn't the Range Rovers strongest point when compared to an awful lot of the rest of the market especially the likes of Toyota, Mercedes, VW, BMW, Saab, Volvo even Ford.
            In my circles a Range Rover is more accepted than a Merc "S" class which would be an alternative.

Comment

In my circles a Range Rover is more accepted than a Merc "S" class
              Oh Dear.

So is it a status symbol to help you get accepted in your 'circles' or a practical car designed to last

Comment

He has very wide turning circles, anything smaller is unacceptable. Plus it's more acceptable to have a mullet in a Range Rover.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
                  Oh Dear.

So is it a status symbol to help you get accepted in your 'circles' or a practical car designed to last
                  Read what I posted!

I said between the two cars that I was in the market for the Range Rover is more acceptable than a Merc "S" class. I'm not a f**king granddad!

Comment

Read what I posted!

I said between the two cars that I was in the market for the Range Rover is more acceptable than a Merc "S" class. I'm not a f**king granddad!
                    looks are deceptive
                    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Read what I posted!

I guess what I was trying to put subtly was that for me what is acceptable in some 'circle' is completely irrelevant in making my mind up with regards to what car I am in the market for. I don't give a toss what others think of my decision either as long as it does the job I bought it for.

Comment

Working...
                      X