• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Evidence of Lying Corrupt Thieving Violent Police

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because the BBC reported that an MP had picked up on it doesn't make it any less of a non-story.
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
      Just because the BBC reported that an MP had picked up on it doesn't make it any less of a non-story.
      Your responses brimming with logical fallacies. It is quite amusing.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
        Your responses brimming with logical fallacies. It is quite amusing.
        The PA report is a direct cut and paste from the Sun article. The Sun claims the article as their own. You can't claim the PA report as a separate source.
        ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

http://www.portsmouth.co.uk/news/39C...ded.4699208.jp

Comment

[Former Southampton Resident]
            Portsmouth? No surprises there then. Bunch of complete pot-noodlers the lot of them - even the Police, Sack em all!!!
            [/Former Southampton Resident]

There are 42 offences for 4000 coppers. If it's one offence per person then that's about 1% of the force who have a conviction.

I'm not saying there's no problem, but is it really such a big problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
              [Former Southampton Resident]
              Portsmouth? No surprises there then. Bunch of complete pot-noodlers the lot of them - even the Police, Sack em all!!!
              [/Former Southampton Resident]

There are 42 offences for 4000 coppers. If it's one offence per person then that's about 1% of the force who have a conviction.

I'm not saying there's no problem, but is it really such a big problem?
              Not at all. I'd recon a copper whose served time for credit card fraud would be perfect to catching others of a similar disposition.

On the otherhand, the justice system being what it is, you have to be pretty stupid or unlucky to be caught. Do we really want the stupid and unlucky to be our protectors?

Comment

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
                Not at all. I'd recon a copper whose served time for credit card fraud would be perfect to catching others of a similar disposition.

On the otherhand, the justice system being what it is, you have to be pretty stupid or unlucky to be caught. Do we really want the stupid and unlucky to be our protectors?

Comment

Why does a thread called " More Evidence of Lying Corrupt Thieving Violent Police" from a poster called "Paddy" make me laugh?

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
                    No, it's in other papers as well. You obviously haven’t any brains to make a constructive comment.
                    Is the %-tage of offenders among the police is lower than the average in normal population? One would hope so, and if that's the case Paddy then the conclusion you should draw is that you are a thief etc etc.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                      Is the %-tage of offenders among the police is lower than the average in normal population? One would hope so, and if that's the case Paddy then the conclusion you should draw is that you are a thief etc etc.
                      That's the definition of a good police force: one that catches more crooks than it employs.

Comment

Working...
                      X