• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMG now realise they made a MAJOR error!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cyberman View Post
    As usual, certain people on here miss the point in that Northern Rock are being forced to repay a loan to HMG, and are keeping their rates higher than other banks to force people to go to those other banks. This is wrong, when other banks are also borrowing government funds but do not have this stipulation.

It also means that some people that cannot move to other banks are being forced to pay very high interest rates after coming off a low fixed rate, even though their repayments are up to date and their credit is good. If you cannot see any unfairness on these borrowers then you really are dense !!
    That is very statist of you. Borrowers who chose to borrow from Northern Rock should not be subject to the SVR of their lender when they come off the fixed rate? Why is that? Should other lenders be forced to give them good deals? Sounds a bit too left-wing for me

Comment

. If you cannot see any unfairness on these borrowers then you really are dense !!
      Do you eat fish?
      Isn't it unfair that they are caught in those nets?
      caveat emptor.

Comment

Why mention kids

Reasonable is at about 4% rather than 7% !!! A mate of mine with 2 kids is currently paying 1200 pounds a month on his mortgage. No wonder the country is in a mess and people are losing their homes. Interest rates on mortgages should be much lower, because we are in recession!! Keeping those rates artificially high for current borrowers is a scandal, and totally unnecessary.
        Why mention the kids, is it relevant ? The fact he has 2 kids will mean he will be getting more HMG assistance than someone without the 2 kids.

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn View Post
          Why mention the kids, is it relevant ? The fact he has 2 kids will mean he will be getting more HMG assistance than someone without the 2 kids.
          It's the influence of the Daily Mail. They have a direct line to Cybercretins mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
            Bob,

I think,

'Why is 4% reasonable? Why don't they just drop rates to 1% straight away, or better yet, 0%, then everything would be rosy.

Try to think it through now, you can do it.'

is a little too complicated for this lot to try to understand.

Milan.
            This from someone who hasn't figured out how to use the quote button yet
            ǝןqqıʍ

Comment

As usual, certain people on here miss the point in that Northern Rock are being forced to repay a loan to HMG, and are keeping their rates higher than other banks to force people to go to those other banks. This is wrong, when other banks are also borrowing government funds but do not have this stipulation.
              Northern Rock is clearing its overheads. Nothing wrong with pushing borrowers out to other lenders. Sounds like good business to me.

It also means that some people that cannot move to other banks are being forced to pay very high interest rates after coming off a low fixed rate, even though their repayments are up to date and their credit is good. If you cannot see any unfairness on these borrowers then you really are dense !!
              Life is unfair. Get over it. Best thing to do is make sure you are in a position where you do not get "unfairness" applied to you. If your mate had borrowed sensibly then he would not be looking at this problem. As you have so much equity in your house and you are not being affected by the house price correction then maybe you could help him out and release some of the equity in your house and lend it to him at a better rate. You have the good fortune of this low rate tracker mortgage so why not spread the love to those you care about?
              my ferret is your ferret

Comment

Stewpot,

you got me there

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes View Post
                  Stewpot,

you got me there

Milan.
                  Why? What did he say?
                  Best Forum Advisor 2014
                  Work in the public sector? You can read my FAQ here
                  Click here to get 15% off your first year's IPSE membership

Comment

Look it up in your FAQ.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by ferret View Post
                      Northern Rock is clearing its overheads. Nothing wrong with pushing borrowers out to other lenders. Sounds like good business to me.

Life is unfair. Get over it. Best thing to do is make sure you are in a position where you do not get "unfairness" applied to you. If your mate had borrowed sensibly then he would not be looking at this problem. As you have so much equity in your house and you are not being affected by the house price correction then maybe you could help him out and release some of the equity in your house and lend it to him at a better rate. You have the good fortune of this low rate tracker mortgage so why not spread the love to those you care about?

Yes, I understand now. It's perfectly ok to force people out of their homes in order to pay off a government loan. I wasn't thinking straight.

Comment

Working...
                      X