• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gary Numan

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Purple Dalek View Post
    Didn't he do a forced landing / crashed his plane into one of you fellows back garden many moons ago?
    I think this was near Southampton or Hedge End/Botley to be more precise.

Comment

'Cars' was a vintage example of electro-rock - during 1979 or so when it was released for some bizzare reason I was working in the Shetland Islands - we used to sing

Here in my Croft
      I can close all the gates
      I can count all my sheep
      Its the only way to live
      In Crofts

And Jings - I wiz living in a croft as well.

'Are Friends Electric' also deserves a mention.

Comment

His version of "On Broadway" is sublime. Includes a very rare thing - a great synth solo. About two minutes in to this vid. Played by Billy Currie.

Comment

I thought the synths on Cars were extraodinary - especially the wee 'fugue' type breaks - and the end with the wonderful analogue sweeping curtains of sound and an icy synth solo in the background - vintage stuff.

'Its cold outside
          And the man in the grey hat
          smoking a cigarrete ...'

Comment

The most famous person I've ever seen was Mikhail Gorbachev. He was sitting at the back of business class on a BA flight from Moscow to London.

He had one goon sat next to him, and two in economy.

One of his goons trod on my mate's foot.

I have never met Gary Numan.
            ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by MrMark View Post
              Just heard him on the radio. Pleasantly surprised. Anyone remember him?
              I'm sure I'm showing my age now, but the first single I bought was "Are Friends Electric" by Gary Numan and Tubeway Army in 1979....

Cost me about 47p from W H Smiths!

Comment

I thought Gary Numan was a load of old sh1t back then and haven't changed my mind since.
                Guy Fawkes - "The last man to enter Parliament with honourable intentions."

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                  Here in my Croft
                  I can close all the gates
                  I can count all my sheep
                  Its the only way to live
                  In Crofts
                  Craig? Is that you?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
                    Craig? Is that you?
                    Whit ?

Am no' Craig - and I dinnae ken a Craig either frae ma days in Shetlands ...

Comment

Originally posted by Alf W View Post
                      I thought Gary Numan was a load of old tulip back then and haven't changed my mind since.
                      I have to agree with the honourable gentleman above. He was a monotone pile of cack as far as I was concerned.
                      Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X