• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

True Colors?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW
    Don't feed the troll....
    This is one of those times where I wished that I had taken this advice. I fed the troll.
    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Ancient.
      You don't sound too happy tonight.
      Is there something that you would like to share with us ?

Did you ever hear any more from the IR re your tax rebate ?

Comment

Originally posted by Toad
        Ancient.
        You don't sound too happy tonight.
        Is there something that you would like to share with us ?

Did you ever hear any more from the IR re your tax rebate ?
        To be honest, no, still waiting on the tax rebate front, and I am out of work at the moment - facing ageism discrimination.

I know I have blown steam, but we must have respect for people, that includes women, muslims, dogs, cats, anybody else.

I hate racism - gender or otherwise motivated, some people on this board would fair well as a member of the taliban (even though they may be white live in Suburbiton etc) and that is not on.

What kind of society do we want to live in?

Let's have fun - but not be disrespectful of our fellow human beings.

It is precisely this sort of ignorance that 'isolates' people and motivates them to do what ever they do - think about it (e.g. London Tube).
        Last edited by ancient; 14 September 2005, 21:58.

Comment

There is no racial bigotry here. I do not look down on *******, kikes, wops or greasers. Here you are all equally worthless.

- Gunnery Sergeant Hartman, Full Metal Jacket
          Perhaps this could be the CUK motto?

Comment

I don't think anyone on here is racist !!!

WE DON'T CARE WHO WE ABUSE
            Throw them to the lions - WC2 5.4

Comment

What did I do?
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by Xenophon
                I am a non-racist, women-loving mercenary.
                I'd second that, but some times its difficult to leave a contract where the people have been nice, but then you have to move on - do another good deed for a different company, a bit like the good Samaritan.
                SA says;
                Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
                  I'd second that, but some times its difficult to leave a contract where the people have been nice, but then you have to move on - do another good deed for a different company, a bit like the good Samaritan.
                  A bit like David Caradine in "Kung Fu " and the dog in "The Littlest Hobo " you mean?

AtW won't have experienced this though. He was too busy trying to shag his team leader - He mistakenly thought she was attracted to him because she signed his leaving card!!!
                  Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
                  You know you'll need us!

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                    What did I do?
                    In the words of Vicky Pollard - you didn't do nuffin or nuffin.

I quoted a part of one of your posts in my signature and Ancient (aka Mary Whitehouse) found it offensive. It was amusing to me, not offensive, but we are all different...

I changed my signature last night as a result.
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
                      A bit like David Caradine in "Kung Fu " and the dog in "The Littlest Hobo " you mean?

AtW won't have experienced this though. He was too busy trying to shag his team leader - He mistakenly thought she was attracted to him because she signed his leaving card!!!
                      thats the kind of thing, just we get paid for it! and you know the odd shag with a team leader along the way can't do any harm.... can it? Well I guess it can if it a bloke like my current one !
                      SA says;
                      Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
                      (whatever these are)

Comment

Working...
                      X