• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Soft landing

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    He owns the company from what I see so is entitled to make any decisions he thinks fit.
    So, a chap named Alistair Humphrey owns a company named Eadon Lockwood & Riddle? Should I bother checking the Companies House data or not? Nah.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      So, a chap named Alistair Humphrey owns a company named Eadon Lockwood & Riddle? Should I bother checking the Companies House data or not? Nah.
      Ah I didn't realise if you bought or created a company it had to be in your name. Silly me

As I know you're ignorant the following phrase suggest ownership:

"Alistair Humphrey, whose Eadon Lockwood & Riddle estate agency "
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

"Alistair Humphrey, whose Eadon Lockwood & Riddle estate agency "
        So, that makes you very confident that he is a majority shareholder?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
          So, that makes you very confident that he is a majority shareholder?
          Quite possibly, you anal-retentive autistic geek.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Quite possibly, you anal-retentive autistic geek.
            So now you are not so sure then?

Comment

Originally posted by swamp View Post
              At an auction organised by Allsop last Monday, a flat in an upmarket area of Leeds that was bought for £400,000 in July 2007 sold for just £159,000. A reduction of 60pc.

"City centre flats haven't fallen 17pc – it's much worse than that."
              I don't agree. These properties were never worth what they were sold for.

The developers just managed to find (several thousand) numskull southern BTL'ers who were preared to pay over the odds because, by London standards, they "looked cheap".

tim

Comment

Don't forget that there was a over-pricing fraud going on with some developments, particularly popular in Docklands.
                The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
                  Don't forget that there was a over-pricing fraud going on with some developments, particularly popular in Docklands.
                  Indeed. Our neighbour just lost tenant on their docklands btl. little chance of new tenant they way things are in the city.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                    Indeed. Our neighbour just lost tenant on their docklands btl. little chance of new tenant they way things are in the city.....
                    AtW - come move to London!
                    Rule #76: No excuses. Play like a champion.

Comment

Arise Dick Twittington Lord Mayor of London
                      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
                      X