• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

control your drinking

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by chef View Post
    there is a project "information event" next weds/thurs whereby i'll be expected to attend and give a summary of what my developments will do etc. I've already stated i'll arrive shortly before my stint and leave afterwards as the rest doesnt concern me.

the last point on the days even is food and drinks for permies, contractors, suppliers, clients etc.

the PM has just had a quiet word saying that all are invited but please understand that as PM he would prefer for me to not drink in excess at the event as clients are present. stunned I asked him why he has that impression (ive never talked about drinking at work ever), his response "because you are british and british have a reputation for drinking"..

cheeky fliper
    Ask him to be good enough not to gas any Jews during the event.

Comment

i am, exactly my point
      Hahahhahah Classic.

I went to Germany During the Octoberfest, and got trashed with many Germans, the love the lager as much as the brits!!! (or Aussies or Kiwis etc..)

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post
        +1 to this. hahahahaha

Don't mention the War!!

Comment

During my few years living in Der Fatherland - the only badly behaved drunk I recall was shouting in the streets to the amazement of the German locals - turns out he was a brickie from Newcastle.

The Germans do enjoy a beer - but not the same mind numbing levels of excess that the Brits indulge in - and they do eat when drinking .

I dont mind a wee dram on the occasion - but a little is enough.

In Rome - its considered to be a social disgrace to be seen drunk.
          Last edited by AlfredJPruffock; 6 November 2008, 17:42.

Comment

Yes we Brits do have a fabulous reputation abroad...

drink too much
            bad teeth

Any more?

Comment

Originally posted by expat View Post

Go on on chef - you know you want to.....

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

drink too much
                bad teeth

Any more?

War Criminals ?

Help Ma Boab - only kiddin' - we buy oor Mithers flowers - dont we boyz ?

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post

drink too much
                  bad teeth

Any more?
                  Now i'm a kiwi..... BUT i'd Prefer to be having beers with the Brits then the Aussies, or Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by AlfredJPruffock View Post
                    In Rome - its considered to be a social disgrace to be seen drunk.
                    Have you seen the Italians at Octoberfest??? They Piss in their seats... but thats not Rome...

Comment

nahh i see it as my forum style of writing..

the same as adding 2 full stops at the end of most sentences..
                      Looks like each sentence ends hanging on the air, on a questioning note as if more might be assumed...

Oh God, you don't end sentences on a rising pitch like those Aussies in neighbours and their young imitators desperately trying to sound hip?
                      Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Working...
                      X