• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MY life has now come to sat here pressing refresh on Jobserve

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Diestl View Post
    Get back to work, you shouldn't be surfing the web in company time.
    i think that's the problem.. the lack of work to be applied for..
    The proud owner of 125 Xeno Geek Points

Comment

I am in the same situation and I have to admit that spending all day on on job sites is a REALLY bad idea it just gets me cheesed off and I end up with my head in the fridge.

I try and limit my time searching and I also go for a walk at least once a day.

Its no fun, but i am an eternal optimist and am sure a job will turn up.... one day! (hopefully before Christmas - or else it's hotdogs for chrimbo lunch again this year!)
      I'm sorry, but I'll make no apologies for this

Pogle is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2010
      CUK University Challenge Champions 2012

Comment

I'm lucky if summat comes up more than once a week.

As chef says don't bother looking more than twice a day.
        That takes up ooooh, about 10 minutes of your time, maybe 15 if you apply for anything.

November is the worst time really to look for jobs, most people are canning projects so they can be stuck in next years budget and with xmas not so long away things will start to wind down.

enjoy the time off rather than fretting about work and just keep plodding along with applying for whatever comes along that is suited to your skills.
        "Ask not what you can do for your country. Ask what's for lunch." - Orson Welles

Norrahe's blog

Comment

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
          Can I suggest immersing yourself in a MMORPG. World Of Warcraft saw me through my last bench stint in fine style. Well worth the £40 a month or however much it is.
          Originally posted by chef View Post
          noooo dont do it, you'll never be able to stop playing..

... 7 days to go til WOTLK
          I've had to make a firm rule for myself of no WoW until after 4PM.. it's going to be very hard when WoTLK comes out...

My last bench stint consisted of little else (apart from pot noodle breaks of course).
          "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

Working...
          X