• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

OBAMA the BIG question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Moscow Mule View Post
    Is it your turn to be village idiot today?
    AtW is on holiday.

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
      Trolling perchance?
      Why is it trolling? Because you don't agree with his viewpoint?

All the news coverage I was watching kept mentioning the race factor, but only when talking about white voters not voting for Obama, they were mentioning 8% as the figure that they interpreted that may be swayed by his colour on the day of polling.

95% of African Americans voted for Obama and I bet you it was far more than 8% of them that were swayed by his colour.

Fine, America has voted a black man into the White House, well done now lets gone on with life. It's only the Apologists and Liberals who will keep going on about this as a momentous day and stating "We voted a black man into the white house, we're not racist" well in my eyes that's just as racist as the white hill billy red neck who states "I ain't votin for no c**n".

I hate Apologists almost as much as I hate Liberals, why apologise for something that happened before my grandparents were born, I had no involvement in it, all it feeds is this victim mentality that seems to affect some (notice I said some, not all or even most) people and leads to crap like affirmative action and positive discrimination, I mean how insulting is that:

"You got the job, but only because you're black"

It's just a pity this board has an abundance of both.
      "I hope Celtic realise that, if their team is good enough, they will win. If they're not good enough, they'll not win - and they can't look at anybody else, whether it is referees or any other influence." - Walter Smith

On them! On them! They fail!

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
        "You got the job, but only because you're black"
        Undoubtedly Obama got the black vote, in many cases immobilising people who'd never voted before, but he won the election because the Electoral Colleges were ready to vote for anyone other than another republican.

The popular vote (i.e. the real people) was a lot closer, and if people weren't so fed up with the republicans, the colour of his skin could have been all it took for him to lose.
        Feist - 1234. One camera, one take, no editing. Superb. How they did it
        Feist - I Feel It All
        Feist - The Bad In Each Other (Later With Jools Holland)

Comment

Don't forget that there was a certain percentage that did not vote for Obama because his middle name is Hussain.
          McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
          Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

Originally posted by Incognito View Post
            It's only the Apologists and Liberals who will keep going on about this as a momentous day and stating "We voted a black man into the white house, we're not racist" well in my eyes that's just as racist as the white hill billy red neck who states "I ain't votin for no c**n".
            I'm a staunch liberal, but I agree, I'm seriously sick of the way the media is presenting this issue. First of all, just stating that he's black as a fact is borderline racism. He's half white, the fact that ppl see him as black tells volumes about how ppl are conditioned racially.

This is not nearly the achievement it's made out to be, the people presenting these news are the evidence themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by PAH View Post
              Undoubtedly Obama got the black vote, in many cases immobilising people who'd never voted before, but he won the election because the Electoral Colleges were ready to vote for anyone other than another republican.

The popular vote (i.e. the real people) was a lot closer, and if people weren't so fed up with the republicans, the colour of his skin could have been all it took for him to lose.
              Er! Mobilising
              Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
              X