• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

They wish they'd picked their own cotton now

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheBigYinJames View Post
    Well it's probably unhelpful to further aggravate the nervousness that Republican America will be feeling today. The country has taken a risk, massive for them, and it's going to be hard for Obama to gain acceptance with a large part of his citizens, so no need for us to make his job harder by stirring things with joke talk about cotton etc.

But a few things to bear in mind:

1. I doubt either Obama or Republican America read CUK.
    2. Although possibly imflammatory, the topic is not actually racist
    3. We've had too much bad temper recently, people need to lighten up
    4. When we've voted in a black or Asian PM, then we can throw stones
    5. AndyW
    But at least we have had a female PM. The best PM ever in fact.

At the moment the standards of moderation seem to be slipping quite a bit. I think I might well up the extremity of my posts. And if people want to lighten up they should go to light relief.

Comment

4. When we've voted in a black or Asian PM, then we can throw stones
      We've got a Scottish one that not even his own party voted for.
      How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
      Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Originally posted by HairyArsedBloke View Post
        We've got a Scottish one that not even his own party voted for.
        I don't think you can blame GB's incompetence on his Scottishness. He would have been just as crap if he came from England.
        Cooking doesn't get tougher than this.

Comment

Well it's probably unhelpful to further aggravate the nervousness that Republican America will be feeling today. The country has taken a risk, massive for them, and it's going to be hard for Obama to gain acceptance with a large part of his citizens, so no need for us to make his job harder by stirring things with joke talk about cotton etc.
          Which part? He just won the election with an overwhelming majority

Dubya never had is this easy, the sizable chunk of the country that didn't vote for him, pegged him as an idiot and war monger. As did most of the rest of the freeworld
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

I don't think you can blame GB's incompetence on his Scottishness. He would have been just as crap if he came from England.
            oh come on. Crappiness of British PM's is directly proportional to their jock-ness.

e.g. Churchill and Thatcher vs. Bliar and Brown

I rest my case

(\__/)
            (>'.'<)
            ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
              But at least we have had a female PM. The best PM ever in fact.
              And there's ends Brillo's input to reasoned debate.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
                e.g. Churchill and Thatcher vs. Bliar and Brown
                Churchill and Thatcher were the worst prime minsters we ever had, both of them retured off by their own parties as liabilities outside of wartime.

Even saying that, they were both better than B&B.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                  Which part? He just won the election with an overwhelming majority
                  The ones with all the guns and bunkers.

Comment

Maybe, I’m a proud Londoner so it would go against my very being to believe that it has nothing to do with it.

I suppose that I could have said “But we have a autistic sociopath for a PM which shows how inclusive we are of those with mental health ‘challenges’“
                    How did this happen? Who's to blame? Well certainly there are those more responsible than others, and they will be held accountable, but again truth be told, if you're looking for the guilty, you need only look into a mirror.

Follow me on Twitter - LinkedIn Profile - The HAB blog - New Blog: Mad Cameron
                    Xeno points: +5 - Asperger rating: 36 - Paranoid Schizophrenic rating: 44%

"We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to high office" - Aesop

Comment

Churchill and Thatcher were the worst prime minsters we ever had, both of them retured off by their own parties as liabilities outside of wartime.

Even saying that, they were both better than B&B.

well, I will concede that our sh1te ones are ten times better than your good ones

(\__/)
                      (>'.'<)
                      ("")("") Born to Drink. Forced to Work

Comment

Working...
                      X