• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do people say....

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NotAllThere View Post
    I only work for end-clients, never consultancies. The issue is: if I work for a consultancy, then I've to keep the consultancy happy - not the end clients. It's not a conflict of interest I'm happy with.
    Been in that situation quite recently, and I agree with NAT, not only do you get the blame from all sides, Client blames consultancy, consultancy blames you. Client blames you for carppy requirements consultancy gave you. I also had to fill in 3 timesheets per week.

Never again.

Comment

Originally posted by EternalOptimist View Post
      The only thing on the wall around here is a Monet.
      It works for me because every time i get fed up up I look at it and say to myself, 'calm down, think about the Monet'
      Coat sir?
      ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by Badger View Post
        Been in that situation quite recently, and I agree with NAT, not only do you get the blame from all sides, Client blames consultancy, consultancy blames you. Client blames you for carppy requirements consultancy gave you. I also had to fill in 3 timesheets per week.

Never again.
        Yes, but if they’re paying A LOT?
        And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Working...
        X