• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hedge funds fear bankruptcy after Porsche squeeze

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    creates cars with 7 litre engines made by workers who get 30-40 Euros an hour.
    Very few cars they sell have got such big engines, probably less than 1% in total sales. Their advances in engines allowed to actually retain power for smaller engines like 1.4 liters, or even less - they actually invest into engines that can run on non-fossil-fuels, and do other great things, many of which could have been done in the UK if this country was not run by people like you.

I'd certainly rather have manufacturing base of Germany here, with all City junk shifted to them - it would certainly have benefited UK big time, though people like you sas would have lost their jobs.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Very few cars they sell have got such big engines, probably less than 1% in total sales. Their advances in engines allowed to actually retain power for smaller engines like 1.4 liters, or even less - they actually invest into engines that can run on non-fossil-fuels, and do other great things, many of which could have been done in the UK if this country was not run by people like you.

I'd certainly rather have manufacturing base of Germany here, with all City junk shifted to them - it would certainly have benefited UK big time, though people like you sas would have lost their jobs.
      Pieces of eight! Squawk!
      You've got 2 choices atw: Change things or keep spouting hot air from your hermit's position.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

I think you are confusing great manufacturing growth (go to China for that) with maintaining manufacturing position (German) and totally losing everything industrial revolution provided in UK.

Sure Germany is not growing millions of manufacturing jobs like in China, but if you are in the UK you should compare situation in the UK and Germany, I'd say they are much stronger than this country and your whines about how expensive German workforce are laughable - what are you, a German manufacturing firm?

Well, why won't be sit back and watch how they manage this recession? My prediction is that they will be hit much less than UK that makes fook all these days.
        They hav'nt created ANY jobs until very recently let alone millions. Also our workforce are much more adaptable than that of Germany's. The Germans like to go home for lunch whereas the Brits will travel anywhere and the immigrants thanks to theuir UK experience can also travel anywhere for work.

So in the next few years when unemployment bites the Germans will sit at home waiting for their welfare (that has been spent on bailing out German banks) whilst the Brits are all over Europe and the middle East, Australia, USA keeping heads above water.

After all who fills all the IT contractin vacancies on the German market? its the Brits of course.
        Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          They hav'nt created ANY jobs until very recently let alone millions.
          Well, they certainly created SOME jobs.

Also our workforce are much more adaptable than that of Germany's
          What are the skills of this workforce? Are they good at numerical skills? Literacy is at high level too? Lots of graduates with serious studies like in maths, rather than media studies?

The Germans like to go home for lunch
          Good principle, very good. It keeps businesses around workers and work is not hell of 2 hour commutes one way, I'd say their way of working is much more sensible when it comes to preserving the nation. Here people in many respects work like slaves, you may like it but I don't - Germany way appeals much more to me for sure.

So in the next few years when unemployment bites the Germans will sit at home waiting for their welfare
          And Great Britain will have no unemployment? You act like a captain of Titanic which is going down yet argueing that some time in the future German Battleship Bismark will also be sunk, well, it may well be the case but it will be a lot further in time when Titanic is long on the seabed and they will go down fighting that's for sure.

After all who fills all the IT contractin vacancies on the German market? its the Brits of course.
          So, you are now claiming ALL German IT vacancies are filled by the brits?

Comment

The ironic thing atW is that I have more engineering ability than you with your noddy post-modern degree from the Special Needs Valivostock Technical College.
            Hard Brexit now!
            #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
              The ironic thing atW is that I have more engineering ability
              If you are such an able engineer why you work in the City as permie manager and what exactly you do there? In Germany engineers are meant to work as engineers.

Comment

In Germany engineers are meant to work as engineers.
                As in <shrill German rant mode>"you studied engineering and you vill work in engineering! We haf vays of making you vork. Arbeit Mact Frei!" <shrill German rant mode>
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Well, they certainly created SOME jobs.

OKay 2 jobs

What are the skills of this workforce? Are they good at numerical skills? Literacy is at high level too? Lots of graduates with serious studies like in maths, rather than media studies?

They can communicate with other people

Good principle, very good. It keeps businesses around workers and work is not hell of 2 hour commutes one way, I'd say their way of working is much more sensible when it comes to preserving the nation. Here people in many respects work like slaves, you may like it but I don't - Germany way appeals much more to me for sure.

No competition for workers and no competition for jobs makes companies and workers apathetic, lazy, unambitious, fat, and ultimately useless.

And Great Britain will have no unemployment? You act like a captain of Titanic which is going down yet argueing that some time in the future German Battleship Bismark will also be sunk, well, it may well be the case but it will be a lot further in time when Titanic is long on the seabed and they will go down fighting that's for sure.

No unemployment in Britain because all the Brits are doing the jobs of the Germans better and cheaper

So, you are now claiming ALL German IT vacancies are filled by the brits?
                  sorry.. all the jobs requiring social and good technology skills
                  Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

sorry.. all the jobs requiring social and good technology skills
                    So all technological innovations from, say, Bosch come from IT folk mainly supplied from UK?

Just how many people from this board work in Germany? A handful, vast majority works in the UK (and some in other countries), so if we say 10% of UK IT people work in Germany "cuz ze germanz is so thick", just what %-tage of total German IT work that covers, do you think it's 90%?

I'd venture to say that a higher %-tage of UK IT work is done by Indians, then %-tage of IT work in Germany done by UK IT people.

Comment

I'm beginning to realise that it's no coincidence that Germany and Russia had totalitarian regimes. Even atW who superficially appears to be reasonable, harbours deep instincts for rules and laws to control other people.
                      It's probably genetic.
                      Hard Brexit now!
                      #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                      X