• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hedge funds fear bankruptcy after Porsche squeeze

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    The power is shifting from the West to Asia, they sure lose buyers here but they get them elsewhere - even if they lose some sales, say 20%, they'd still have good product people want to buy. What does UK manufacture that people elsewhere want to buy, Burberry coats? I think even those got outsourced now.

At least we will not get caught building stuff that no one else wants unlike Germany. Germany is stuffed because it cannot outsource to cheaper markets because no one speaks German. Germany relies on Russia for Energy, and Germany only has jobs for engineers. So the UK will take Germany's manufacturing industries and build the products cheaper in China.

germany's workers will be forced to become conductors on Polish buses. Already Polish workers are buying houses accross the border in Germany and commuting daily back to work in Poland. So Germany's only salvation is to become a cheap outsourcing facility for Poland and a dumping ground for cheap Russian energy
    Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
      The hedge fund scammers are probably Porsche's biggest customers. HTH.
      just how many individuals do yo actually think these hedge fund scammers are?

200?

big impact on Porsches sales.
      "Condoms should come with a free pack of earplugs."

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
        At least we will not get caught building stuff that no one else wants unlike Germany.
        So you trade the risk of possibly making stuff nobody buys (and if you diversify production you won't have ALL stuff not needed) for the risk of not making anything useful which would result in a risk of not having money to buy food, energy etc?

Interesting how Germans do not seem to me as risk takers in this, where as your approach seems to be insanely risky. Maybe they can just handle risks well and you can't. In this case Germans will continue making Porsches and other things, while you will have to focus on liasing with Indian Head Office dealing with fast track visas and stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by Chugnut View Post
          WTS. Hugely overrated cars IMO and the $tealers I've dealt with are very arrogant.
          It doesn’t matter what you think of BMW dealers in the UK; their dealers are probably arrogant because their customers are onanists. In the rest of Europe, people buy VWs, BMWs, Mercedes and Audis because of their reputation as cars which last for a long time and don’t depreciate as quickly as other cars; obviously there’s a status aspect to it as well. Newly promoted manager-scum and old farty director-parasites (both species will continue to exist, much to my distaste) don’t want to be fobbed off with a company Toyota, even if it is a superior car, or a company Peugeot even if they give you twice as much equipment for the same money; they want a German car, and that isn’t going to change. OK, so with a recession they might have to settle for a 1.8 basic instead of a 2.5 turbo diesel with all the kit, but they’ll still choose German.
          And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

So you trade the risk of possibly making stuff nobody buys (and if you diversify production you won't have ALL stuff not needed) for the risk of not making anything useful which would result in a risk of not having money to buy food, energy etc?

Interesting how Germans do not seem to me as risk takers in this, where as your approach seems to be insanely risky. Maybe they can just handle risks well and you can't. In this case Germans will continue making Porsches and other things, while you will have to focus on liasing with Indian Head Office dealing with fast track visas and stuff.
            So if the Germans are so risk averse why are their banks in need of huge bail out sums of money?
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
              It doesn’t matter what you think of BMW dealers in the UK; their dealers are probably arrogant because their customers are onanists. In the rest of Europe, people buy VWs, BMWs, Mercedes and Audis because of their reputation as cars which last for a long time and don’t depreciate as quickly as other cars; obviously there’s a status aspect to it as well. Newly promoted manager-scum and old farty director-parasites (both species will continue to exist, much to my distaste) don’t want to be fobbed off with a company Toyota, even if it is a superior car, or a company Peugeot even if they give you twice as much equipment for the same money; they want a German car, and that isn’t going to change. OK, so with a recession they might have to settle for a 1.8 basic instead of a 2.5 turbo diesel with all the kit, but they’ll still choose German.
              Thats slowly changing, Toyota and Mazda especially are improving their mainland europe market share
              Coffee's for closers

Comment

So if the Germans are so risk averse why are their banks in need of huge bail out sums of money?
                It is you who seems risk averse suggesting the risk of manufacturing something nobody wants is too much for you and it is UK banks that need huge bailout.

German banks are also affected, but they are not the main thing that drives German economy - it is their excellent manufacturing base that they managed to keep, banks there also must have foolishly got into subprime games and got affected, I am sure they will draft laws that would prevent this from happening, yet in the UK I am sure City will get away with it yet again.

Comment

It is you who seems risk averse suggesting the risk of manufacturing something nobody wants is too much for you and it is UK banks that need huge bailout.

German banks are also affected, but they are not the main thing that drives German economy - it is their excellent manufacturing base that they managed to keep, banks there also must have foolishly got into subprime games and got affected, I am sure they will draft laws that would prevent this from happening, yet in the UK I am sure City will get away with it yet again.
                  So if Germany has so wonderful a manufacturing base then why has it not created the jobs to keep 4 million in work for the last 10 years?
                  As they are clearly useless at finance, recruitment, fighting what have they got to fall back on now that no one is buying their manufactured products?

Comment

I am sure they will draft laws that would prevent this from happening, yet in the UK I am sure City will get away with it yet again.
                    Yes the Germans will draft laws. They're good at that. They'll draft laws to preserve their outdated manufacturing industry that creates cars with 7 litre engines made by workers who get 30-40 Euros an hour.
                    I'll bet you one thing atW. In a hundred years the City will still exist, German manufacturing will not.
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

So if Germany has so wonderful a manufacturing base then why has it not created the jobs to keep 4 million in work for the last 10 years?
                      I think you are confusing great manufacturing growth (go to China for that) with maintaining manufacturing position (German) and totally losing everything industrial revolution provided in UK.

Sure Germany is not growing millions of manufacturing jobs like in China, but if you are in the UK you should compare situation in the UK and Germany, I'd say they are much stronger than this country and your whines about how expensive German workforce are laughable - what are you, a German manufacturing firm?

As they are clearly useless at finance, recruitment, fighting what have they got to fall back on now that no one is buying their manufactured products?
                      Well, why won't be sit back and watch how they manage this recession? My prediction is that they will be hit much less than UK that makes fook all these days.

Comment

Working...
                      X