• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hedge funds fear bankruptcy after Porsche squeeze

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
    The hedge fund scammers are probably Porsche's biggest customers. HTH.
    Porsche is trying to get control over VW for a reason, and they defended it pretty well, they understand that they need to have mass production models in order to survive.

Hedge funds managers certainly buying Porsches, but I doubt the number of sales is that high - overall Porsche sales are about 36k per year (911/Boxter/Cayman/Cayenne), just how many sales would Porsche lose if all hedge funds go bust and their execs go where they belong - jail? I doubt they lose as much as they would have if those scammers raped their long term business interests.

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Porsche is trying to get control over VW for a reason, and they defended it pretty well, they understand that they need to have mass production models in order to survive.

Hedge funds managers certainly buying Porsches, but I doubt the number of sales is that high - overall Porsche sales are about 36k per year (911/Boxter/Cayman/Cayenne), just how many sales would Porsche lose if all hedge funds go bust and their execs go where they belong - jail? I doubt they lose as much as they would have if those scammers raped their long term business interests.

They've already lost the estate agent buyer, rich gits like Churchill are buying Audis and anyone with an ounce of imagination will go and buy a Nissan Gt-R or a Lambo
      Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

German cars are hugely over-rated. Japanese ones are much more reliable.

HTH
        Irrelevant. It's about branding and 'made in Germany' comes with a level of implied quality that Japan is nowhere near.

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
          They've already lost the estate agent buyer, rich gits like Churchill are buying Audis and anyone with an ounce of imagination will go and buy a Nissan Gt-R or a Lambo
          Lamborghini the car company owned by VW?
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
            Irrelevant. It's about branding and 'made in Germany' comes with a level of implied quality that Japan is nowhere near.
            Except for those people who know about cars and want something reliable that will run and run.
            The horror stories that I've heard from BMW owners who I know have put me off them for life
            Coffee's for closers

Comment

Originally posted by oracleslave View Post
              Add to that, the Japanese change their models so often that on the continental market they have little residual value compared to German cars; very important when most new cars are sold to lease companies. VW, Audi, BMW, Opel and Merc do well in the company car market, partly because km for km in the long run they turn out to be quite reasonably priced.
              And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by DodgyAgent View Post
                The power is shifting from the West to Asia, they sure lose buyers here but they get them elsewhere - even if they lose some sales, say 20%, they'd still have good product people want to buy. What does UK manufacture that people elsewhere want to buy, Burberry coats? I think even those got outsourced now.

Comment

Europe didn’t get rich by doing things cheaply. It got rich by making good stuff and putting a big price tag on it.
                  And what exactly is wrong with an "ad hominem" argument? Dodgy Agent, 16-5-2014

Comment

Originally posted by Mich the Tester View Post
                    Europe didn’t get rich by doing things cheaply. It got rich by making good stuff and putting a big price tag on it.
                    Europe got rich from owning half the world, it'll take a long time for that balance of wealth to shift
                    Coffee's for closers

Comment

German cars are hugely over-rated. Japanese ones are much more reliable.

HTH
                      Originally posted by Spacecadet View Post
                      Except for those people who know about cars and want something reliable that will run and run.
                      The horror stories that I've heard from BMW owners who I know have put me off them for life
                      WTS. Hugely overrated cars IMO and the $tealers I've dealt with are very arrogant.

Comment

Working...
                      X