• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Gordon is a Moron

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He's right though. It is too technical for most people. Also talking about money and personal wealth has become dirty, in comparison with tsunami compassion and gypsies rights. Oh and I nearly forgot the buzzwords education and health. They are concepts that are more readily associated with the lefter side of politics hence the guilty factor induced in people if they don't vote left of centre. Let's face it, voting Tory is a protest vote at the mo', and protest votes rarely win elections.
    Chico, what time is it?

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
      Michael Howard: "Just vote for us and watch this space". Not very impressed with that remark.
      I don't suppose you were!

It almost makes me hope Ken Clarke becomes the new Tory leader. He's started wading into Brown, although I don't know why he hasn't bothered up to now.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
        I don't suppose you were!

It almost makes me hope Ken Clarke becomes the new Tory leader. He's started wading into Brown, although I don't know why he hasn't bothered up to now.
        Easy, he's waited until he's in a position to make his blows count - to his leadership campaign I mean!
        Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
        You know you'll need us!

Comment

Yep, and voting Lib Dems was also a protest vote. Still, the number of "new" Liebour members has dropped from around 400,000 to 207,000 over the last 5 years which is good news.

If the Tories don't get a leader that people can relate to then it will just delay the inevitable.

Remember, increase in strikes, increase in welfare, increase in taxes, increase in public spending, failing economy, rising jobless means only one thing: Liebour are on the way out and the Tories are in to restore the order and bring back "cash for questions" and stockings, leather and oranges.

Just whether it's in 4 or 8 years time.
          If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
            The problem is that people do fall for this bolloxs. How long till Brown starts talking about the record profits the oil companies are making, to deflect public opinion.
            and how long before the effing oil companies stick on each pump a clear breakdown of tax, at least the percentage, which people can ponder as they watch the pounds and pence digits whizzing by!

Would there be anything to stop campaign group running off a few thousand labels and going around sticking them on pump displays? I suppose technically it would be defacement and the labels wouldn't last long, but no doubt oil companies would be sympathetic.

(Oddly enough I remember making a post on this forum similar to the above during the last fuel crisis. Has it been that long?!)
            Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Originally posted by hyperD
              Yep, and voting Lib Dems was also a protest vote.
              NL is not popular Govt -- they don't get 50% of votes, they only stay in power because they managed to win where it matters -- in 100 key marginals, this is where energy of any wanna be ruling party should be focused.

Comment

Good point.

On each petrol receipt they should show a breakdown of your fuel as

Unleaded Petrol : £17.67
                Duty: £24.96
                VAT: £7.46

Total : £50.09 (of which £32.42 went to government).

Comment

Now that should be stuck on every petrol pump.

The real cost of fuel should be about 45p a litre. They are taking the pure piss on this one.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn

Now that should be stuck on every petrol pump.

The real cost of fuel should be about 45p a litre. They are taking the pure piss on this one.
                    Whoever prepared that image either doesn't know much about psychology and perception and all that stuff, or wants to let the Government off the hook.

It would pack more of a punch if the tax and VAT were in bright reddish colours in adjacent bands at the fattest part of the drop, with the other bands in less prominent bluish colours at the top and bottom.
                    Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

Quite right Owl.

Presentation, presentation, presentation.

Comment

Working...
                      X