• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EBAY - Bastard!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Got myself a crying, talking, sleeping, walking, living doll.
    well I would have if some b*stard had not out bid me!
    SA says;
    Well you looked so stylish I thought you batted for the other camp - thats like the ultimate compliment!

I couldn't imagine you ever having a hair out of place!

n5gooner is awarded +5 Xeno Geek Points.
    (whatever these are)

Comment

Originally posted by n5gooner
      well I would have if some b*stard had not out bid me!
      And I thought snaw and MF stopped Ebaying

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
        Then perhaps next time you will bid higher?

Doh, clearly you did not value the thing higher than the amount you stated, so what's wrong with you? You got exactly the deal you agreed to!
        Atw, the highest bid on the item 10 minutes before the auction ended was £102 - I bid £150 the winning bid was £150.51 Now, by adding £48 to the bid I thought I pretty much had it covered. My mistake. The thing that riles me is that the fecker beat me by 51 pence. I upped the stakes by £48 and the twat beat me by 51 pence.

I'm having a <rant> to make myself feel better and don't actually require advice from a jobless piece of tulipe like yourself.

How is the hunt for a *real* job coming along?
        Oh Jesus - Disaster Management Ltd.
        You know you'll need us!

Comment

But by the very way that eBay works, whoever wins will always beat you by 50p (or whatever the minimum bid increment is). For all you know the guy bid a million pounds. As with all auctions, bid the maximum you are prepared to pay then walk away at that point. Who ever wins will always beat you by a little and it is false logic to say "if only I'd bid a pound more I'd've won it".

Never mind, don't get downbeat. Get yourself down to Poundland at lunctime and treat yourself.

Comment

Originally posted by The Late, Great JC
            Atw, the highest bid on the item 10 minutes before the auction ended was £102 - I bid £150 the winning bid was £150.51
            You seem to fail to appreciate the situation -- YOU made decision to bid maximum of 150, this means you put MAXIMUM limit onto your purchase. There is nobody else to blame for you not valueing the thing higher than market value, in fact you tried to cheat the market and get it below market price, nice try buddy, but it did not work.

Now you seem to be particularly pissed off that you were overbid by 51 pence, if you take your time to read up on how Ebay works you will understand that this is a feature of the system designed to establish market price of goods. If you bid £1000, but somebody else still overbid you then it would have been by a small amount, its always like this on ebay and this is how it should be.

There is nobody else to blame for you losing the item you wanted so badly apart from yourself.

Comment

Tell me you didnt bid early. Tell me that you waited till the last possible moment before bidding.
              If not you deserved to lose. If so then you undervalued the item.
              I am not qualified to give the above advice!

The original point and click interface by
              Smith and Wesson.

Step back, have a think and adjust my own own attitude from time to time

Comment

Originally posted by AtW
                You seem to fail to appreciate the situation -- YOU made decision to bid maximum of 150, this means you put MAXIMUM limit onto your purchase. There is nobody else to blame for you not valueing the thing higher than market value, in fact you tried to cheat the market and get it below market price, nice try buddy, but it did not work.

Now you seem to be particularly pissed off that you were overbid by 51 pence, if you take your time to read up on how Ebay works you will understand that this is a feature of the system designed to establish market price of goods. If you bid £1000, but somebody else still overbid you then it would have been by a small amount, its always like this on ebay and this is how it should be.

There is nobody else to blame for you losing the item you wanted so badly apart from yourself.
                What was it I said about needing advice from jobless piece of tulipe again?
                You know you'll need us!

Comment

What was it I said about needing advice from jobless piece of tulipe again?
                  Well, you can't seem to grasp basic concepts of Ebay, wtf would you know about my job?

Comment

Originally posted by The Lone Gunman
                    Tell me you didnt bid early. Tell me that you waited till the last possible moment before bidding.
                    If not you deserved to lose. If so then you undervalued the item.
                    I didn't bid until 10 minutes before the end.

AtW, shouldn't you and Niall be working on a joint project?
                    You know you'll need us!

Comment

I didn't bid until 10 minutes before the end.
                      Well now you know that you were not that clever after all?

Word of the day for you - sniping (in ebay context).

And what's your real job anyway? Something that does not require high IQ no doubt?

Comment

Working...
                      X