• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Motorbikers driving style legal ?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I ride the M4 every day, luck me. I spend most of the time in the inside lane as it generally has very little traffic in it...
    Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by ratewhore View Post
      I ride the M4 every day, luck me. I spend most of the time in the inside lane as it generally has very little traffic in it...
      At peak times on most motorways the inside lane moves the fastest due to the start stop shockwaves in other lanes caused by people driving too close together. The inside lanes are usually full of truckers who know how to drive in dense traffic while morons assume there is still a 'fast lane' or maybe they like the excitement of a near miss
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Originally posted by Bagpuss View Post
        At peak times on most motorways the inside lane moves the fastest due to the start stop shockwaves in other lanes caused by people driving too close together. The inside lanes are usually full of truckers who know how to drive in dense traffic while morons assume there is still a 'fast lane' or maybe they like the excitement of a near miss
        The morons you refer to seemingly don't want to lose their place in their lane. These are the same morons who will change lanes quickly and without checking their mirrors in slow moving traffic. People who moan about filtering bikers should consider the awareness we need to have all the time to avoid these muppets...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I've never had a problem with a motorcyclist on the roads. Most give you enough warning they are coming and acknowledge you when you let them pass. Of course if you are an idiot who seldom looks in your mirrors I suppose they could take you by surprise.
          The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Working...
          X